Ch. 3 ➖ Okay

🩸

🩸

The frantic boy ran towards his new - old home. The memory of the human blood still lingers in his thoughts. He ran, faster than he can possibly can, fighting the thought of returning to where he was, fighting the nature of his kind, a vampire.

He knows that his face have shown his true self, a monster, with the sclera of his eyes turned blood-red, dark veins already appearing under his eyes as the blood pumps forcefully through them, and his canine teeth extended into razor-sharp fangs.

Not minding his strength, the door broke off its hinges when he forced his way through it, though it wasn't locked in the first place, but he needed to badly go to the basement where a chest freezer is found.

With shaky hands, he twisted the cap off the bottle and ingest the cold red fluid. The temperature and type of which was not ideal but it will do, it will finally quench the sudden hunger he felt when he smelled the blood. He gulped the liquid like his life depended on it. But if he didn't, it would have been another life that would be on the line.

"You okay? What happened?" A voice spoke from behind.

When he finished the content of the bottle and his face returned to normal, he faced his housemate while rubbing his mouth with his arms. "There's a dead body in the forest, neck ripped opened. Probably an animal attack." He explained while walking, in human pace, up the stairs towards the front door to check the damage he made earlier.

"Oh come on, Tae, we all know that animal attacks are just a lame excuse for our kind's unplanned take outs. So what did you do?" The girl accused.

"I didn't do anything! It was not me." Tae answered while smacking the door in place, twisting the hinges to be fixed.

"If you say so." The girl just raised her eyebrows and returned to what she was doing before she was interrupted by a loud bang earlier.

"Where the hell are you going?" Tae asked the girl noticing that her bags are packed and ready to go.

"At this point, anywhere." The girl answered while tying a scarf around her neck.

"The hell, Jisoo!" Tae went infront of her, grabbing the duffel bag away from her.

"What, Tae? Give that back! I have nothing else to do here. I'm already getting bored." The boy raised the bag higher making the smaller girl not able to reach it.

Using her inhuman strength, she jumped slightly and grabbed the bag. Once she does, she glares at the boy who tried to toy with her.

"What do you plan for me to do here then, play school like you do?" She asked as she walked towards the door.

Once the door was opened, a shoe box with a card was on the doormat. Jisoo dropped the duffel bag and inspected the box. Shock was painted all over her face when she saw what was written on the card's cover, a giant letter V written in blood, very fresh based on the smell. Fangs are trying to pierce through her gums due to the scent, but she tried to shake it off. Which she was able to do, due to her long period of practice.