Ch. 7 ➖ Vampire

🩸🩸

🩸🩸

It was four in the afternoon, just two hours away until the start of one of the most awaited traditional events in the town of Veil Falls. Excitement fills the air as the members of this small town are preparing to look as presentable as possible though this was supposedly a charity event to gather enough funds for the rehabilitation of the town's central park and the small daycare center located east of it. Despite the event's modest objective, the organizers, the Park family, didn't hold back in making this as one of the most elaborate events this small town holds.

A gentle knock was heard in the Kim's household and the youngest maiden of the said household opened the door just seconds after the knock was heard.

"Hey! Where's Tae?" Jennie Kim asked for the whereabouts of her date as soon as she realized that he was nowhere to be found and finding only her date's gorgeous housemate when she opened the door.

"Sorry Jen, I've asked him to come later after we get ready." Jisoo explained. "Can I come in?" She asked the owner of the house.

"Oh. Sorry, sorry, that was so rude of me! Come on in." Jennie gestured for the girl to enter her house.

Jisoo smiled. She stepped forward cautiously and when she was able to enter the house, she mentally danced a victorious dance as her job would finally be made easier. Because now, she was invited in.

To clarify, one of the curses that vampires are inflicted upon is that they cannot enter a person's home unless he/she was invited in. It is the reason why Jisoo can't help but smile as she looked around the interior of Jennie's home. For the past few days she and Taehyung was only able to look through the window, like a burglar in the dead of the night.

"Lisa's already upstairs, let's go." Jennie lead her guests up the stairs towards her room.

When they reached the room, Lisa was already wearing her robe and towel wrapped around her hair. "Good, you're done. Jisoo would you like to use the bathroom first or..?" Jennie asked pointing at the vacant bathroom inside her bedroom.

"You go first. I still need to prepare my things." Jisoo suggested raising the bags she was carrying.

"Alright then, feel at home." With the gesture, Jen grabbed her towel and went straight to the bathroom.

As soon as Jennie was out of sight, Jisoo placed her bags in the cushioned bench near the window. She casually unloaded her clothes and makeup, however she felt a presence behind her.

"I know what you are." Lisa spoke full of accusation and hatred.

Without facing Lisa, Jisoo paused just for a second but continued unloading her things, smiling. "Really, and what would that be?" She asked.

"Vampire." Lisa spoke with disdain.

Jisoo faced her smirking then changed her expression to a dramatic one, toying with lisa. "But whatever do you mean, Ms. Manobal." Her hands in her chest, acting as if she was hurt by the accusation.