Ch. 16 ➖ Top

🩸🩸🩸

🩸🩸🩸

Jennie's kitchen was in chaos. First and foremost, because this would be the first time the household would host such a huge number of visitors after the death of Jennie's parents, even though there are only about 5 of them namely Taehyung, Lisa, Rosè, Jungkook, and Jimin. Yoongi was still MIA and doesn't reply to their texts and Jisoo was... well out of town.

Second, this was also the first time CL would host a dinner get together. If this was a party, then she got a lot of experience on that field, just a bunch of drinks and chips and you're all set. But this was dinner. Then again, she was thankful, at least it was only some of her niece's friends. If this was one of those housewife kind of get together then she might be burning her ass right now. This is a great practice for the real deal, she thought.

Third, Jeremy can't seem to keep still, excited that he'll see a lot people. So, he placed all his favorite toys in the living room to show them off to the guests later. He's hoping that at least one of them would play with him.

Lastly, Jennie has been feeling weird about everything. It was the first time Taehyung and her had a disagreement. He really didn't want to do this, well more like he didn't want Jimin to be invited. And for the first time also, Lisa was in agreement with him. If it wasn't for what Rosè said, she wouldn't push through with this. She said that this was meant for the two to finally reconcile. In her words during the last period. "Jimin is ready to fix everything, Taehyung is the one who's not ready, even though clearly it was Taehyung's fault in the first place. We're only giving them a venue to finally come to an understanding." Rosè convinced.

And here Jennie was, chopping the last piece of tomato for the salad she's preparing. Right on time, the door bell rang and she came running towards the door with Jeremy trailing after her.

The person behind the door was not a person she was expecting, "Mr. Kwon! Hi, uhm you're here?" Jennie stuttered, surprised that her teacher was here once again.

"You're aunt didn't tell you? She said she needed someone to make the dinner awkward. So here I am." Mr. Kwon smiled, a 360 of his strict facade at school.

He doesn't know though that even without him, this dinner will become awkward, Jennie was sure of it.

"May I come in?" Mr. Kwon asked, seeing that the girl was not speaking.

Snapping out of it, she gestured towards the inside of her house and she shouted, "Aunt C, Mr. Kwon is here!" And as if on cue, her aunt's head pop out of the counter.

"Ji-yong, thank goodness you're here." CL smiled and half dragged the man towards the kitchen.

"Any other visitors that I should know about, Auntie?" Jennie sarcastically smiled.

"Well, your Aunt Minzy is coming too." CL answered straightforwardly as she removed the lasagna from the oven. Jennie admits that Aunt Zy would surely make this a little less awkward, if she doesn't go crazy about how this town sucks in front of people who are still staying in this town, then yeah, this would definitely not be awkward.