Ch. 13 ➖ Thanks

🩸🩸🩸

🩸🩸🩸

The sun has risen but Taehyung has not seen Jisoo returning home after the party. He felt guilty that he left her there yesterday without a ride, but what could have gotten wrong? After all, she was Jisoo, she will be okay, he thought.

But then again, Jimin was there last night. When he said he will do something vile, did he mean to Jisoo? Realization hit him and he started to panic. He immediately bolted towards the door and opened it rapidly. What surprised him was that a person was already standing infront of the door, about to ring the doorbell but was too stunned to move.

"Jennie?" He muttered not believing his eyes.

"Did I come at a wrong time? Were you about to go out?" She asked him.

He thought about it for a minute, Jisoo is probably roaming around as she always does, he tried to defend what he was about to say next, "No. Is there something that you need?"

"Uhm. Yeh. I mean you told me to come here to see if the reference paper for my report is here." She tried to remind him of their conversation in the library 2 days ago.

He soon remembered and let her in. "I'm sorry that the house is a bit messy." He said while scratching the back of his head, embarrassed that he has forgotten about this.

Stepping inside the old home, Jennie felt a sudden heavy feeling, as if something's telling her that she shouldn't be here. She tried to shake off the thought, thinking that the vintage manor house is just too antique that it gives off that kind off horror house vibe. Anyways, she's with Taehyung. That simple thought made her feel at ease and secured.

Looking around, Jennie was amazed to see that the interior was maintained to be as sophisticated as it was before. It was as if it was a museum, with antique furnitures, paintings, and sculptures around taking up the whole space. She felt that she have travelled back in time. If it wasn't for the 85" flat screen tv bolted on the living room's wall, she would have believed it.

Taehyung led Jennie to the second floor where the study room was and he tried to tidy up the books and papers scattered all around. Jennie giggled seeing that the boy was panicking and flustered by this.

"By the way, where's Jisoo?" She asked remembering Taehyung's housemate, who she surprisingly got along with in a short period of time.

"She's out. Not sure where though." He answered truthfully. The faster he helps Jennie with this, the sooner he would be able to look for Jisoo.

"Okay, so the old reports are at this side of the shelves." He pointed at the left corner shelves. Jennie looked at the 4 shelves on that corner, amazed by the collection.

"And here you could sit and study them." Before he was able to point at the huge mahogany table at the right side of the room he noticed an item that wasn't supposed to be there.