Ch. 2 ➖ Mortuus

The rest of the day went on smoothly, with Jennie Kim voluntarily giving Taehyung a tour of the school since they have noticed that they have all of their subjects together

"So are you going to the party tonight?" Taehyung asked the girl as they are walking towards the canteen where Jennie agreed to meet all of her friends for lunch.

"Probably not. I'm still adjusting to this kind of events." She answered, contemplating if she would share some personal things about her, but there was something about this boy that made her comfortable. They say that sometimes it was better to tell strangers your problems, because you'll get an unbiased answer.

"I don't know if you've heard but, my parents died about 4 months ago. Ever since that day, I felt that something has changed within me. I don't get the same satisfaction with being with people." Jennie confessed.

"You're still in mourning, it's understandable. No one can dictate how soon can anyone stop grieving from the death of someone they truly and whole- heartedly love. Some can get over it in days, months, years, and some can never recover at all. But you're talking to me now. If it's a step towards your recovery then I guess I am at your disposal." Taehyung smiled at her with that boxy grin of his. Showing his playful side towards the now blushing girl who just now returned his smile with an embarrassed one.

Jennie saw her friends, Lisa and Rosè standing in line to order food. The boys were nowhere to be found. The two girls waved at them, inviting them to cut in line.

"Hey you go on ahead, I still need to fix some documents for my enrollment here." Taehyung excused before they went closer to the two.

"How about lunch? Aren't you hungry?" Jennie inquired.

"Sorry, I'm on an intermittent fasting. Need to cut some weight." He lied.

"You are kidding! You look perfect already." Jennie shockingly exclaimed. Heat rushed through her cheeks as she realized that she has somehow complemented him. But it was not a lie though, Taehyung looks perfect.

"LoL, just kidding. It's for health reasons." Taehyung this time half-lied.
"But I'll find you later if I'm done with the paperwork?" He continued.

"Oh, yeah, sure. We'll probably be at the outdoor seating area to have our lunch. See you there then." Jennie waved towards the boy and breezed walk towards her friends, who seems to be scrutinizing the exchange.

"Giiiiiirl, whatever happened to the 3-month rule huh? I thought it will be Lisa who I'll be fighting with, but it is you who I should be worried about!" Rosè jokingly said with a tray of food in hand as they walked towards the outside sitting.

"Babe, what are you even talking about? I'm just being nice. Also, he asked all of us if anyone was willing to tour him around but you were the ones who declined." Jennie answered.