Ch. 10 ➖ Snitch

🩸🩸

🩸🩸

The party was in full swing. However, Taehyung noticed Jennie's sudden change in mood right after she returned from the restroom. After the restroom incident, Rosè and Jimin left the table saying that they will stroll around the place. Taehyung doesn't know if he should be happy or nervous about that.

"Jen, are you sure you're okay?" He asked the girl who was stealing glances at him.

"I'm fine, Tae." Jennie hesitated, still contemplating if she would ask him about the question that was clouding her mind, who was Sana? Is he still in love with her?

Taehyung was not convinced, "You know you can ask me. I know whatever she told you, I can clarify it. All you have to do is ask." Taehyung asked calmly despite him expecting the worst.

She looked at him intently, still pondering if she should ask him but she have to, or else it will bother her too much. "Who's...Sana?" She asked hesitantly, she doesn't want to seem as a clingy girlfriend even though they are not technically together-together. She frowned upon herself for being like this.

Though Taehyung expected the topic, he was still taken aback by the name. "What did they tell you?" He asked seriously as they are watching the people on the dance floor. There are still a few people here at the dining tables, as some of the attendees are still indulged with the activities around the venue. They seated far away from the others, making this spot the perfect place to talk about this.

Jennie again hesitated thinking that whatever it was that they've talked about in the restroom was a secret between Rosè and her. But then again this was an issue involving Taehyung. And how can he defend himself if he don't know that an issue is being thrown at him. "She was Jimin's ex and you took her away from him." She summarized not going into details.

Taehyung laughed at the narrative that Jimin tried to evoke while Jennie looked at him confused. "Sana was not anyone's girl, not Jimin's nor mine. No, in her twisted mind, we belonged to her." Taehyung said after his laughter died down.

"But you were in love with her." She stated instead of asking.

"I told you that I'll be honest with you so I'm going to do that to the best of my abilities. Yes, as narcissistic as she was, I still fell in love with her. Jimin and I both did... At the same time, in fact." He paused looking at Jen if he should keep going.

Jennie's heart beat is racing as the conversation continued, knowing the ending of the love story being shared to her but in a different perspective. She didn't say anything and Taehyung took this as a cue to continue. "I didn't steal her away, no.. no.." he said chuckling, shaking his head, as he remembers the past.

"On the contrary, we were the ones being deceived. If only I knew earlier on that my best friend was in love with her, I would have gladly surrendered. But, it was too late, the moment I knew about what she was doing, Jimin has already fallen too deep causing our friendship to be over." Taehyung spoke solemnly, thinking of his friendship with Jimin that even after a hundred years, has became unrepairable. You see, they were not only best friends, but they became brothers, sharing the same miserable fate that life have thrown at them.