ignoring my girlfriend prank (requested)

"There you are! I was looking for you." Karina said as she entered the living room, giving you a kiss on your cheek. "Good morning, sweet girl."

She thought you'd repeat the words back to her or send her that beautiful bright smile of yours in response to her speaking to you.

But all you did was scroll through your phone.

"Babe?" She tapped your shoulder. "Are you so into whatever it is that you're doing that you don't even know I exist right now?" She joked.

Usually, something like that would get you to chuckle.

But, again, you didn't say a word.

You didn't look at her.

You didn't smile or laugh at her joke.

You just sat still and in silence.

"Hey," she whispered softly. "What's wrong, my love? Why are you not speaking to me?"

She waited a few seconds for you to speak before she got frustrated and pulled your phone out of your hands.

She was simply trying to get you to tell her why you weren't acknowledging her presence, that was all.

But you just grabbed the remote and turned the tv on, focusing your attention on that instead.

"Alright, now I'm getting annoyed." She sighed. "C'mon, y/n. Can't you tell me whatever it is that you're upset about?"

She watched as you flipped through the tv channels, trying to find something to watch.

"Seriously, tell me! What's today? Am I forgetting something? It's not our anniversary, right? Not anyone's birthday?"

She looked at the date on your phone and she knew that it wasn't any special day, so it wasn't as though you were upset at her about that.

"Talk to me, please. You're killing me, baby." She whined. "I just want to hear your pretty voice. Why are you ignoring me? What did I do?"

She laid her cheek on your shoulder and it took everything in you to not smile in response.

"Baby? Pretty girl? Talk to me."

She was whining and pulling at the hem of your shirt with an adorable pout on her face.

"I love you."

You couldn't take it any longer.

So you turned to look at her and as soon as your eyes locked, hers filled with a hopeful look and her heart began to race with excitement.

"I love you too, baby."

"Yay! You're talking to me!" She grinned as she threw her arms around you. "What took you so long? Seriously, my love. Tell me what it is so you'll keep talking to me. I'll fix it right now."

"Karina," you giggled. "It was just a prank."

Her smile faded and her heart dropped.

"A prank? Why would you do that? It's not funny, y/n." She spoke with genuine sadness in her voice. "I thought you were upset with me."

"I'm sorry, baby. But no, I'm not upset at all."

She pouted but quickly, it faded and turned into a smile as you kissed the corners of her lips and then across her face.

"I love you lots."

"Yeah, yeah. I love you too, I guess." She grumbled before laughing as you repeatedly pecked her lips a few times. "Don't do that again. I love the sound of your voice too much."

"Okay, babe. I promise." You smiled and pulled her in for a kiss as she pulled you closer.