bad babysitter (requested)

Author's Note: I don't think this needs a trigger warning but I'm putting it here just in case! Please don't read if this kind of content makes you uncomfortable. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------

"Kids! Hello? We're home!" You announced as you and Karina walked through the front door.

Tonight, Karina had an event that she and the girls had to attend and you decided to tag along with her to support her.

However, that meant that you had to leave your five-year-old daughter and son with a new babysitter, as the last one that you had ended up moving recently.

The lady that was supposed to be watching them and keeping them safe seemed friendly.

She was a little older but the kids seemed to like her and she seemed to be caring and kind enough for you and Karina to feel safe enough to leave them in her hands for a few hours.

You and Karina decided to head home a little early as she and the girls had already done what they had to do for the event and you both missed your little angels a lot.

So coming home early seemed okay for the two of you.

The kids are supposed to be getting ready for bed about now and so you figured you'd hear footsteps on the stairs as they run down to the two of you.

But instead, you only heard what sounded like crying coming from your little girl.

You didn't see the babysitter anywhere in sight and you and Karina got worried.

So you quickly headed up the stairs and to your daughter's room, where you saw her and your son sitting on the bed curled up to each other as they trembled with the fear.

And the babysitter, to your horror, was standing there with her belt in her hand as she screamed at them.

"Hey!" Karina yelled. "What the hell is going on here?"

"Mom!" They yelled as they jumped off the bed and hurried over to you and Karina.

"Your kids are misbehaving." The babysitter explained. "I told them to brush their teeth and they wouldn't listen. They just jumped on their beds instead."

"They're kids! They're not always going to listen. That's why you say it again. You don't hurt them!" Karina said angrily.

You'd never seen her so mad before.

She was fuming as she stared down the babysitter, so furious that your children had been hurt and had been living in fear in their own home while you two were away.

"That's how we did things when I was their age."

"Well, they are not your kids! You're here to watch them and keep them safe, not put your hands on them! How dare you!" Karina screamed.

"Are you two okay?" You asked as you knelt on the floor in front of them.

You pulled them into your arms and began to comfort them as Karina continued to scream at the babysitter in anger.

"I didn't hurt them that bad." The babysitter spoke as she walked over to your kids. "Right?"

Your daughter clung to you and your son looked at her fearfully.

"Right!?" She yelled as she grabbed him, shaking him by the shoulders.

"Quit that!" Karina yelled. "Get out of my house right now!"

The babysitter walked out of the room, grumbling about how you and Karina weren't good parents to your kids and she didn't hurt them that badly.

Karina followed her down the stairs and watched her grab her things before leading her to the door.

"Oh, and in case this wasn't clear - you're fired. Don't ever come back here or I'll call the cops." She warned before slamming and locking the door behind her.

She hurried back up the stairs and quickly pulled your little angels into her arms.

"Are you okay, babies?" She asked. "You're not hurt?"

They shook their heads before throwing their arms around her.

"She's lucky I only screamed at her and fired her. I wanted to kick her ass for what she did." Karina told you as she comforted them. "But I didn't because I didn't want to scare them more."

"Good." You said. "They'll be okay. I think, maybe, we should all stay up a little later tonight and watch a movie and talk. Does that sound good?"

They immediately pulled away from Karina and nodded their heads.

"Come on, let's go." You said and led them back downstairs, swearing you'd never let anyone hurt them again.

You and Karina would protect them at all costs and do anything to keep them safe; anything.