xiii.

xiii. x-men
( x-men )

THE last case the BAU solved ended up being a homeless man using train tracks to follow his brother around. They were also introduced to JJ's replacement for while she was on maternity leave, Agent Jordan Todd. They had not managed to completely disregard Lyra's disappearance, however. Reid had decided to look into it thoroughly. Hotch could not suspend their involvement in cases. As Strauss said, there is a reasonable excuse to her disappearance, so they were not to investigate. No one was happy about this. Naturally, they looked into it on the side. It just had to be kept between them.

In the meantime, Lyra was in an unfamiliar environment with Azazel. There was some uneven movement, Lyra realized, like they were in a boat. "We're waiting on the others," Azazel informed.

"Others?" Lyra signed, sitting on her heels. She did not have faith she would be allowed to stand, but she had to appear bigger, for the sake of her pride at the very least.

Azazel nodded. Lyra eyed his duel blades. "You know them very well," he said, his accent strong.

"My father," Lyra concluded.

Azazel's tail hovered a little too close to Lyra's face. She made a move to reach for her gun, subconsciously. Azazel raised an eyebrow, a bit amused at the move. "Magneto said you were an Omega level mutant," he said, as though taunting her.

Lyra glared. With just a thought, some metal objects around her were magnetised, allowing her to control them. She raised them into the air, but before she could use them to attack Azazel, they were dropped to the ground.

"Now, Lyra, be civil," came the voice of none other than Erik Lehnsherr himself. "Azazel here was kind enough to bring you all the way here." His associate, Sabretooth, helped Mystique tie up a captured Rogue while Erik addressed his daughter.

Lyra got to her feet, facing her father. "Most dads send text messages. A phone call, at least," she signed, glaring harshly at him.

"You don't like phone calls," Erik said, unbothered by the cold look she gave him.

"I don't like getting kidnapped either," Lyra signed. This had gone on too long. She needed to get back to work. Too long had passed. The team was probably worried, and she did not have her phone with her. Reasoning with Magneto would not be an easy task, his daughter or not.

"I had to see you somehow. And once I heard you were in New York again... I apologize. It will all make sense in due time, my dear," Erik said. "If you'll excuse me..." He went into the back, making sure to tighten the metal around Rogue's wrists before he disappeared to prepare for who-knows-what.

Azazel disappeared in a cloud of red smoke, Sabretooth and Toad disappearing along with him. It was only Mystique left.

Lyra had known her since childhood. So, maybe, she could reason with her. "Rav-" she started to sign, but Mystique grabbed her wrist.

"I don't go by that anymore," she said, grip on Lyra's wrist tight, to the point of light bruising.

Lyra yanked her wrist away, sending small sparks of electricity to ensure the shapeshifter would let go. "Mystique, then. What does my father want with Rogue?" she signed.

"Sorry," Mystique signed back, ruffling Lyra's hair before stepping to the helm.

It was just Lyra and Rogue now. Naturally, Lyra went to try and free Rogue. She tried to manipulate the metal cuffing her wrists to the pole to repulse them from the bar, but before she could do any real damage, before she could even realize what was going on, a sharp blade pressed itself against her throat. Lyra froze. She did not even have a chance to detect the new appearance of a electric field... which meant this was Azazel. Rogue went to yell, but it fell deaf. Azazel and Lyra disappeared in a cloud of red.