xvii.

xvii. cold comfort
( season four, episode fourteen )

"'CURRENT influences should turn this day into one with plenty of potential, but avoid the trap of trying too hard. Know your strengths. Rely on them. Confidence, real or pretend, is your magic ingredient'," Garcia read from the newspaper.

"Confidence, yes! I like that!" her boyfriend, Kevin, exclaimed.

"Come on, guys, you don't think there's actually anything to that stuff, do you?" Morgan asked.

"It's a bit far fetched, even in a world with mutants," Lyra signed, forcing Morgan to hold both his cup of coffee as well as hers so she could sign that. It was just to mess with him. She easily could have put it on the table, but it was more fun this way.

"You'd be surprised," Kevin said.

"It's gibberish," Prentiss said.

"Thank you," Morgan said. Lyra nodded along in agreement.

"Oh, you are just jealous because you don't have the magic ingredient," Garcia told Prentiss.

"I have the magic ingredient. It's called Splenda," Prentiss said, earning some chuckles.

"Alright, skeptic, what's your sign?" Kevin asked.

"Uh oh," Morgan said, teasingly.

"No," Prentiss said, taking a sip of her coffee.

"No. Is that in April?" Garcia asked. "Reid, we need a DOB on Prentiss," she said as the man walked by.

"7:12 AM, October 12th..." Reid started.

"Hey!" Prentiss protested.

"Libra, I should've known," Garcia said. "'A romantic opportunity may experience a slight hitch, thanks to the pesky lunar influence, which could have you dipping into a rather chilly mood. If being demonstrative and warm is difficult, then neutralize this temporary cold front with a simple but affectionate gesture'," she read.

"I have a simple gesture," Prentiss said, flipping them off.

"Alright, Lyra, why is this all too much for you to believe? You're always the first to comment on the existence of mutants," Garcia said, ready to find her zodiac as well.

"Mutants are proven by science," Lyra signed simply. Reid translated.

"Alright, what's your sign?" Garcia said. Before she could get it out of Reid, JJ appeared.

"Hey, you guys ready to gather?" JJ asked.

"Well, look at you, Miss Thing. First day back and you're all business," Morgan commented, giving a little salute.

"Well, it's either dive right in or confront my separation anxiety," JJ said.

"It's tough being away from him, huh?" Garcia said.

"Yeah." Garcia took her hand, noticing a new ring. Morgan handed Lyra her mug back, ruffling her hair before walking off to the briefing room.

"Oh, hey, that's new, isn't it?" Prentiss said.

"Yeah, citrine. It's Henry's birthstone. Will and I both got one," JJ stated.

"Aw, that's sweet," Garcia said.

"It's cute. I hate it," Lyra signed.

JJ chuckled, knowing she was joking. "I missed you too, Lyra." She gestured to the newspaper. "You done with this?"