lii.

lii. today i do
( season six, episode fifteen )

"DO you think I'm paranoid?" Lyra signed in question. She had invited Ororo over to her apartment, where the two sat on the bed together. "I don't feel the same." She flexed her arm, examining the blue marks. She half expected them to go away, but it had been far too long for that.

"You did die and come back to life," Ororo pointed out, hand resting on her girlfriend's thigh. "I think you're just the right amount of paranoid, all things considered."

"Until it affects my job," Lyra signed.

"You're too stubborn to let that happen."

Lyra cracked a small smile. "Maybe."

Ororo carefully traced the blue lines with her fingers. "And besides," she continued, "I've never seen you make any life-threatening decisions. Reckless, absolutely, but here you are."

"I am my father's daughter," Lyra signed. She got those traits from somewhere.

Ororo's hand drifted up to cup Lyra's cheek. She leaned in, connecting their lips together. She moved on top of her girlfriend, slowly and carefully pushing her down on her back on the bed. Lyra had no objections to this, throwing her arms around Ororo's neck to bring her closer. Ororo moved to kiss her neck, more than likely leaving a mark.

A phone rang, indicating a message. Briefly, Ororo separated herself from her partner. "We can ignore that," she suggested. Lyra nodded back. The phone rang again. Ororo used one hand to grab it - it was Lyra's phone, of course. "It's yours," she stated.

Lyra sighed. That meant, undoubtedly, that she had a case.

She soon found herself at work, joining the others in the briefing room dejectedly. Her day off, ruined by yet another killer.

"Let's get started," Hotch said, barely giving everyone a chance to get settled.

Garcia walked in. "Hey. Thank you all for coming as time is of the essence. Okay," she said, putting up pictures on the screen behind her. "Molly Grandin, twenty-five years old, she's been missing approximately twenty-four hours. Her car was found abandoned in a strip mall parking lot."

"Syracuse Police Chief just called to tell me that four months ago another woman, Gail Pangston, also twenty-five, went missing," Hotch stated.

"Gail's body washed up three days later in Onondaga Lake," Garcia said. "She'd been held captive, her hands and feet smashed, and then she was stabbed to death."

"Her car was found in the same parking lot as Molly Grandin's."

"Four months is a pretty big stretch of time. What else connects them?" Lyra signed in question.

"Both women packed a bag with enough clothes and toiletries to last them for the weekend, and in both cases the bags were found in the car along with their purses and cell phones," Garcia answered.

"If the UnSub is sticking to the same MO then Molly only has thirty-six hours left," Reid said.

"Let's go," Morgan said.

"The plane awaits," Garcia said.

Morgan got off the phone with Garcia, joining the others in the cabin on the plane. "Garcia couldn't find any overlap between Molly Grandin and Gail Langston's lives," he said.

"For two girls that didn't know each other they had a lot in common," Seaver said. Lyra resisted the urge to give a sarcastic remark back - lots of people had things in common without knowing each other. It was an odd statement to phrase that way, but maybe Lyra was just mad that Seaver was treated so normally with a serial killer for a father, whereas if Lyra ever admitted to the team who her father was, there would be an uproar.