xxvii.

xxvii. x2: x-men united
( x2 )

LOGAN showing up at her door at six in the morning was the last thing Lyra expected to wake up to. He did not wait for a reaction. He went ahead and invited himself inside, pushing passed her without any regard of her feelings on that. She rolled her eyes and closed the door after him.

"Get dressed," he said to her, turning to face her. She was just in a bra and sweatpants, her usually night attire.

Lyra gave him an emotionless look. "Why are you here?" she signed in question.

"I can't visit a friend?"

"You? No."

"Fine. Xavier sent me."

"No, he didn't. He would send Ororo or Scott."

"Nothing gets past you, huh?" Logan said with a light chuckle. Lyra shook her head. "Fine. Figured you wanted to come see Rogue with me," he admitted, looking away embarrassed. "You haven't been in awhile, right?"

That was true. Lyra had to admit, she did miss Rogue and the others kids, as well as her friends. Making up her mind without thinking of the consequences, she grabbed her phone off the charger. "Call my boss, pretend to be my boyfriend, say I'm sick," she instructed.

Logan raised an eyebrow as Lyra quickly found Hotch's contact. "Aren't you into women?"

She handed him the phone. "I don't see any women around, do you? Besides, he doesn't know that," she signed.

Logan scoffed, but did click the call button as she asked. "Hey, I'm Logan, Lyra's boyfriend. She's come down with a bad fever so she can't come in today," he said gruffly. Lyra smirked. Maybe Logan showing up this early was not a bad thing. It provided entertainment, at least. Noticing her look, he glared and flipped her off.

On his end, Hotch furrowed his eyebrows. He was not aware Lyra was romantically involved with, well, anyone. Not that he did not think she could pull anyone, but she did not seem like the type to be interested. And sick? He could not name one time she ever took a sick day. Frankly, he was a bit suspicious.

"She'll contact you when she feels better," Logan said after deeming the wait for a response too long. He then promptly hung up the phone without waiting for a reply.

Lyra facepalmed. That would be easy to explain when she returned.

"Logan!" Rogue exclaimed the moment Logan and Lyra walked through the doors. She tentatively hugged him.

"You miss me, kid?"

Rogue shrugged. "Not as much as I missed Lyra," she joked, giving Lyra a hug as well.

"I missed you, too," Lyra signed.

Logan hummed. "How are you doing?" he asked the young girl, smiling.

"I'm okay. How are you?" Rogue asked.

"Who's this?" Logan inquired, nodding towards a boy walking over to them.

"Oh, this is Bobby, he's my-"

"I'm her best friend," Bobby said protectively, shaking Logan's hand. "Call me IceMan."

Lyra bit back a smile. The whole interaction was something else - and awkward to watch. She pat Logan on the shoulder and passed by him to go find her friends. She ran into Ororo first. Ran into perhaps was not the right word. She deliberately sought her out and found her in her classroom.