Life in a Metro

Manasvi

Mumbai

I thought I'd miss the last train to Juhu, hopefully, I didn't.

To be honest, I don't really like traveling by train almost every day, but there is no alternative.

I am sitting by the window today, most days I don't even get the place to sit. The weather is pleasant today, a dewy rainy day. So, overall God is being merciful to me.

Surprisingly, there are not many people on the train today, maybe because it's a weak day and the time is around 2 in the noon when most people are at their workplaces.

Two old ladies are sitting opposite to me, chatting and gossiping about their households and 'daughter-in-laws'. One of them glanced at me once and smiled at me. I smiled back. Sunidhi joins me every day. She has this habit of sleeping on a train, my shoulder being her support. It disgusts me sometimes. After crossing several stations, slums, apartments, and the urban scenery, we reached Juhu.

By the way, the reason I come here so many times a week is that I work at Prithvi Theatre. I act in plays, advice people about their costumes and scripts, and so on. That's not all I do, I am a college student, 17, as everybody else I too study science.

"Hey, Manasvi!! where were you all this time, I've been waiting for you, Aditi couldn't make it to the play, can you please play her part. Its a small role, not many dialogues. I am asking you to do so because you have the skill to improvise and all. I know you have to rehearse for your play..............." Rishi said as if buttering me. He dragged me to the makeup room, handed me the script, and told me to get ready. Without waiting for my answer he left the room.

I don't say no to such offers so I must start going through the script, now. 

So, this was the introduction for our female protagonist. As I said earlier, the girl is minor, 17 but it doesn't promote pedophilia or grooming.

Hope you all enjoy it.