Jab We Met

Ranjish hi sahi dil dukhane ke liye 

Aa phir se mujhe chhod ke jaane ke liye.

-Ahmad Faraz

-Manasvi-

I messed up. I messed up all over again. I am late for the session. What if he asks me? What if he scolds me in front of everyone? What if he throws me out of the room? I'll be humiliated, for the first time in my life, I'll be humiliated in front of a herd of people. Oh! God. Please save me.

"Manasvi!! Manasvi!! wake up." a voice called. I was stunned for a while, not getting where am I or what is happening. 

"Manasvi, wake up. We reached Juhu. Let's get down from the train. Come on." said a person. Oh!! After a few seconds, I figured out that it is Sunidhi.

We got down. Walked a few steps. Then Sunidhi broke the silence and asked me "M, why did you sleep today? You never sleep on the train." 

I didn't reply and kept walking. She asked me the question again with an "Are you okay?" gesture. After a few more minutes of walking, I told her not to worry, I am perfectly alright and we parted ways. I reached the theatre, handed my id card to the fat-looking watchman of our theatre, and registered my name in his diary.

I kept on walking silently, not knowing how to react if I get scolded for being late. 

-Aryan-

"Good evening sir." a voice said, the voice of a girl.

"Good evening." I replied, without looking back.

After a few minutes, I asked Rishi where is our 'lead performer', isn't she going to attend the session even today. 

"Nah. She's here." replied Rishi.

"Where?" I asked.

"Turn around and see." said a boy sitting next to Ahaan.

I turned around to see a tall, dusky, and skinny girl with not-so-long and not-so-short hair. Giving me a broad smile and waving at me aimlessly. 

"Hello, sir." said the girl standing in front of me. "Sorry for being late. I didn't do it purposefully. I had my college lectures. And I also apologize for yesterday's absence. Rishi must have told you that I had my maths class. Anyways, what do I have to do now? I have the dialogues. Are we going to start the rehearsals, now? By the way, I have learned my dialogues." 

I stood there, thinking is she going to perform 'Sohni' in our play- Sohni-Mahiwal?

She didn't look the way Sohni is supposed to look. 

"Hello. Name? Your name?" I asked after a pause.

"Manasvi." the girl, standing in front of me replied.

"So, you are the lead performer? You are going to play Sohni?" I asked being confused.

"Yes, she acts pretty well." said Rishi, from behind me. The girl nodded.

"No. From now you won't be playing the lead role. I feel that you need to grow up and stop making false excuses for not attending your sessions." I said, sounding strict.

"Sir, I ain't making false excuses. I had a lecture which couldn't have to afford to miss. Please, trust me. I am not lying." the girl said, looking nervous and tensed.

"See. Manasvi, I feel, for now, you should only play side characters and learn about the craft and also learn to be serious." I said looking at Manasvi's on-the-verge-of-crying face.

"Okay. Which character should I play?" asked Manasvi after a long pause.

"You can play Sohni's sister-in-law." I informed her.

"Attention everyone. Aditi will be playing Sohni opposite Ahaan and Manasvi will be performing the role of Sohni's sister-in-law." I announced.

Manasvi left the room saying thankyou and "I'll be back in a few minutes."

Aditi and her friends jumped in excitement, speaking, and planning.

-Manasvi-

Why does he not believe me? I had my maths lecture, and it was really important. What's my mistake? I informed Kristi beforehand that I won't be able to attend the session. I lost the opportunity of playing the lead. Oh shit! It was the first time I got this chance, that too acting opposite Ahaan Panday. I lost it. I can't think of anything else now. My brain is not able to process. I know that I joined a few months ago, I don't have that much experience. But, nothing's different about Aditi. Yes, she is a bit older than me, but she too joined a few months ago.

When it comes to my craft, I work sincerely. I put my heart, soul, blood, sweat, everything into my work. I can act. I am learning and I want to learn more. I am trying my best to handle everything. No one understands it. No one understands me.

Why is this man here? To make my life a hell? 

No, my life is already a hell. Where my parents don't understand me, how can I expect this man to understand me? To whom I met a few minutes ago.

Actually, it's my mistake. Everything is my mistake. 

I live in my own special hell.

Hope you all enjoy this chapter. Please comment and vote.

-