Library. Dates?

Friendship is far more tragic than love. It lasts longer.
-Oscar Wilde

-Manasvi-

Pink? No. It's common Red? No. It's not a date. Yellow? Ugh. Please. Blue? Wore the same colour yesterday.

Offo. It's so difficult to choose clothes.

~Phone ringing~
Didi calling.

"Thankyou thankyou so much for calling at the right time. I was about to call you. My saviour." I said.

"It's alright. Stop your Oscar-winning drama and tell me what's the work." Replied didi.

"Hey, come on. Why do think I want to call you when it's needed?"

"It's because I know every bit of you baby girl."

"Aww, that's so sweet. Now help me choose my outfit for the day."

"What for? This is not some essential work you would call me for." She inquired.

"Yeah. I mean, I have decided to take Aryan to the library near Prithvi. I want to apologise to him." I informed her, initially being a bit hesitant.

"Ohhhhhhhh. I see. "Aryan Sir" has changed to "Aryan" and rehearsals have been substituted by library visits." She said, in an emphasizing tone.

I could sense the hesitation and dilemma in her voice. Shittttt. Am I doing something wrong?

"It's not that didi, I just wanted to say sorry. I can understand the circumstances that have surrounded our meeting and being friends. Well, not even friends." I replied, in a regretful tone.

"I know it, baby. I know you. I know the level of maturity you have. And it's completely alright to befriend someone, not your age, someone with whom your financial or social status doesn't match or with whom you have nothing in common. After all, that's what friendship is all about. Also, you can go but be aware."

"You're right. Now tell me what should I wear."

"Wear that beige turtle neck on those trousers we bought this summer."

"Okay. Thank you didi. I like the dark academia vibe."

"Also, I know you are excited considering how much you love books but be alert and call your mom if you need anything."

"Yes ma'am."

"Now enjoy your daaaaateeee." She said emphasizing on date.

Before I could deny she hung up.

~Skip to the time she gets on the train~

Okay. Now that I have worn a fairly better outfit than what I wear every day I am quite satisfied. Uff. Is this a good idea? I could have just taken him aside for a second after the rehearsal and apologised. Will he like it? If not that, will he not find it cringe or childish? Am I overdoing it?

Oh! Mana.. just stop thinking about it now. You have decided it. If you want to do this, don't back off now. Think about something else.

Does he like to read? Yes, of course, he is a writer himself. What kind of books does he love reading? What might be his favourite genre? Maybe, mystery thriller.

I would be lying if I say he is okay looking, because he surely is an eye candy, handsome, tall and respectful. And way out of my league.

I got so lost in my thoughts that I almost missed my stop.

(Rehearsals)

"Hey. No. Wait." Said Aryan

"Yes, sir." Replied Amrita.

"Let's not do it this way. Rather..." Aryan took a long pause.

"Ahaan hold her hand. Amrita do not look into his eyes. Kiara bring that red dupatta you showed me last evening and put it on Amrita's head. This frame looks perfect."

"Agreed." Said Ahaan nodding his head.

"Yeah."

"Now do as I say. As soon as the music starts playing Ahaan should hold Amrita's hands and Amrita should put her head down, trying not to look into his eyes, Ahaan lifts  her chin up, trying to make her look towards him. And then you both start lip syncing to the lyrics of the music simultaneously." Explained Aryan.

Till that moment, observing every minute detail of his etiquette, the way his lips move while he speaks, the way he runs his fingers through his hair time and again, the way he marginally bites his lips while he is deeply thinking about a scene, his determination, his severe concern, his sincerity towards his work is unmatched. The way he keeps every minutiae in his mind about his play while working. If this is he while directing a play, then what is it to work with him on a film?

Was I in love? Or was it just a mere teenage attraction?

~Skip to the time the rehearsal ends~

I walk ahead towards Aryan. My was heart beating faster than ever. I had never been this sacred before. Not even during vivas. Each step approaching him was taking me closer to the moment I kept dreaming of since the last night.

I summed up all my courage and asked him.

"Hey! Hi." I said, my voice breaking.

"Yeah. Hello." He replied.

"I- I wanted to ask you something."

"Yeah. Okay. And what is it?"

"Would you mind joining me at the library today?" Finally, finally, I had completed the most strenuous task of my life.

"Actually, there is a library nearby, you might know about it. I have decided to visit it today. I thought taking you along."

"Sure. Why not? I would love to." He spoke.

Oh my God!! Oh my God!! I could not believe my ears. I was on cloud nine at that moment. He had said yes.

"Manasvi! Manasvi! Manasvi!" Someone called my name. I looked back, it was Sunidhi.

"I'll be back in a moment." I said to Aryan.

"Sure." He replied.

~

"Are you coming with me?" Asked Sunidhi.

"No. You go ahead. I'll come later." I said with utmost enthusiasm.

"Oh ho. Why so?"

"Me and Aryan have planned to visit the library today." I said, emphasizing on ARYAN.

"Oh okay. As you wish."

I don't know why I did that. It was just that I was so happy. I don't know why. It was a surreal feeling.

I started walking rapidly towards the spot Aryan was standing the last time we spoke. My hair flipping. My shoes hurt my toes. But did that even matter? Did anything at that point matter more than my library DATE? Did anything other than being with him matter more on that one single day?

I don't think so.

(Also, I found quite a lot typo errors. No worries though, I edited them. Sincere apologies to early readers)

I sincerely apologise for not posting for so long. But I am going through a real real tough time in my life. Not all is well in my family and all. And I am busy with my academics too.

I will try to post more stuff this week without fail.

Please, vote and comment. It means a lot. In fact that is what motivated me to update this chapter.

Love always.