Me and You are Miles Apart

Of all the hardships a person had to face nothing is more punishing than a simple act of waiting.

-Khaled  Hosseini, A Thousand Splendid Suns.

-Aryan-

Los Angeles

The phone rings. Suhana Calling. 

"Hello".

"Bhai!! haven't you read the news?" she asked, almost screaming.

"What news?" I asked being confused.

"Offo Bhai! They are linking you with Gia, Gia Malhotra. They wrote that you and Gia were seen at Soho by some random people. After that you even went to the Taj to.." she paused in the middle of the sentence.

"To what? To fuck?" I completed her line, laughing. I am not even in India for the past month

"Come on Bhai. How can you take these things casually? I can't stand these people and their baseless reports. Why do they always have to target you?"

"It's okay Sue. It happens. You can't change everything, everyone. You can't change the way they think about you. And now I am used to controversies. I am used to being targeted. Want to know about me and Gia? We never went on a date. We aren't in a relationship. I know her since childhood. We barely spoke in school. Now, that I launched her, these people have gotten a new thing to write about. It's completely alright. Don't overthink, bachcha (child or something like that)."

"Bachcha? After ages? I like that."

"You are my bachcha, my baby sister. You got that?"

"Yes. So, should I keep any contact with her or not? Or will it work as fuel for the fire?

"You can, why not? Call and tell her not to pay attention to it. Okay?" I replied.

"Sure. Take care of yourself and come back soon. We all are waiting for you."

"I will come back very soon. I am almost done with my work. Till then you all take care."

"Love you, Bhai."

"Love you too, Sueee."

I hung the phone.

-Manasvi-

Mumbai.

A new morning it is. I am getting ready for my college. I am in a dilemma every day about what to wear? It's not that I care about how I look? or what will people think? as I just want to look good for myself, I just want to feel good. I don't put much cosmetics on my face or do a very chic coiffure every day. I love to dress up but for college, I keep it simple

"Manasvi, come fast, the breakfast is ready." a voice called. It's my mom

"Coming" I replied.

We have the same thing every morning for breakfast. The world-famous Poha. It's only on Sunday that we cook something different.

"Agg!! ye na patkan." Mumma yelled at me again, this time in Marathi, my mother tongue.

"Hey!! just come fast." Mumma yelled at me again, this time in Marathi, my mother tongue.

         I sat beside my dad. He, as always, is with his newspaper.

"Investing in Tata Motors is a profitable decision. Don't you think so, Radhika?" he said without taking his eyes off from the newspaper, sipping his tea.

"Manasvi. It's Manasvi, Papa. Tai (meaning elder sister) is in Pune. Except  you only your second daughter is in this room." I said, correcting him.

"Ohh sorry. Manasvi, what do you think about Tata Motors. It's profitable, na? He said, without looking up.

"Yes. It is. You can invest in it." I replied.

"I should call your sister, now. There are a lot of things I want to tell her. Do you want to speak with her?"

"No, I'll call her in the noon. You can speak with her, now."

"Okay. As you wish." Saying this, he left the room. 

Mom too left for the office. Dad will leave soon. As always I am sitting alone at this dining table, having this yellow coloured type of rice, which has an abundance of turmeric, onions, and coriander.

This is my new same old morning.

-Aryan-

The part of the day, I like the most is night. It brings back all the memories from my childhood, my time in London, and of course my time in this city. The world is sleeping, only me and this moon are awake, my cigarette being my companion. It's a night for me at this time, for someone else, it's a morning, a new start. Oh!! come on Aryan, it's all about the time zone. 

No wonder that I didn't have my dinner. I don't like eating alone. Though I was used to it, I am missing my dinner time back home. The habit of eating alone is no more. There should be at least one person with me, sharing food at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There is no one today and I am extremely sad. 

Slowly, the feeling of solitude is taking over me. I feel like something is pulling me towards it, some force, and I am willing to go with it, leaving all that I have. I feel like someone is waiting for me, someone is as lonely as I am. Someone who doesn't like to eat alone, just like me. I want to go back to Mumbai, my home city. I want to search for that person. I know, it can be anywhere in this world. But, I suppose, that the person I am waiting for is in my home city. I like to believe that. 

I can hear a Hindi song playing somewhere. Maybe, the Indian couple who lives next door is playing it. This song is adding more feeling to it.

It says-

"Kaunsa anokha geet gahe pee kakool? Raj path jaise aaj bhai dhool. Kausa anokha geet gahe pee kakook? Birhan laage phir hriday akool, Raj kaaj mann na lagao. Mathura nagarpati kaahe tum Gokul jaao?"

"What quaint song do the birds sing? That makes you give up your kingdom like it is dust. What quaint song do the birds sing? That again harmonizes to your heart the woman you left behind, that has taken your mind off your kingdom.  Oh Lord of Mathura why do you want to go back to Gokul?"

Hi all. Hope you enjoy this chapter too. Please, do comment and vote. It means a lot. Please do recommend this to fellow Aryanians and Srkians. 

I will update the next chapter as soon as possible. Till then, LOVE LOVE (yes, I am a mostlysane fan (dumdum) too).

BEYOND THE SCENEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara