Pyaar Dosti Hai?

And she finds it difficult to believe-

that a person would love her even when she isn't trying.

Trying to figure out what other people need, 

trying to be worthy.

-Margaret Atwood

-Aryan-

Catching up with Manasvi absolutely boosted my spirits.

A question that's revolving in my mind ever since I met her is- Does she still like me? I mean, why would she? Getting attracted towards me was just a teenage crush for her. Now, that she is a young mature woman, earning her own money and sustaining life, she definitely must be seeing some other guy. And, it shouldn't even matter to me, because it's just yesterday we had a genuine conversation, that too after ages. But, to be honest, it does matter. And the reasons for it are absolutely beyond my understanding. 

As soon as I reached the office, I headed to Naina's cabin, our casting director, who's currently working on the series for which we are in a need of a new face.

"Hello, may I come in?" I asked, knocking on the door.

"Hello, Aryan. Of course you may. Is this even a question? It's your company. It's your office." she says, warmly.

"Yes, and this is your cabin." I stated, as I sat on a chair across her.

"You know what, this is the thing I like about you, not just me but everyone else does too."

"And, what is that?" I asked, cutting her midway.

"Your ability to make everyone feel special. It just humbles us." she said, emphasizing on the word 'humbles'.

"Well, there are two things about it- firstly, this is the way one should be and I am still trying to be a good human. And, secondly, well, learnt it from my father." 

"Sure sure." said she, smiling. "By the way, what made you come to me today? Can I do something for you." she continued.

"Yeah, actually. I wanted to know something about the series the team has been working on."

"'Is it the Red Light'?"

"Yeah that one."

"What about it?"

"There's a girl who had auditioned for it, I want to see the audition clip and her screen tests, if taken any." I informed her.

"Okay, I see. Her name?"

"Manasvi."

"I don't know actually, we have taken a lot of auditions and I completely lost track."

"Could you please get it as soon as possible? I have a shoot in the evening."

"I'll get it don't worry."

"Sure." saying, I left her cabin.

By the time I finished my work at the office, Naina called me, saying she has found the pen drive. Without spending any more minute at the lobby, I rushed to the theatre of our office where we screen everything made under our production. 

"Here you go. This is the pen drive. It includes both the audition clip and the screen test." she stated, handing me the pen drive.

'Thankyou so much, Naina. I owe you one."