Rendezvous and Separation

I'm sick of just liking people. I wish to God I could meet someone I could respect.

-J.D. Salinger, Franny and Zooey.

-Aryan-

I want to ask her. Three days have gone by and didn't ask her. I am wasting time, I should have asked her early on. But how and when? Everyone's here. I'll take her to the terrace, oh! come on!! I don't want to propose to her or something. I just want to ask her to be my friend. Ya Allah!! please lend me some appropriate time to break the ice.

-

"Aditi, what are you doing? You have to express your love towards Mahiwal, express the pain and sadness of separation." I said, getting a little annoyed. 

"Yes. I am reciting the dialogues. Otherwise, how do I express?" Aditi said, defending herself.

"Eyes. Express the intensity of the emotion. Got it? Do this scene one more time, give it another try." I said, explaining to her.

She failed miserably at it.

"Look, you have to understand the character well. See it through her perspective. The pain and angst of separation, you have to convey those emotions as if you are her." I said, now in a calm tone.

"Okay. I'm trying. That's the problem I am not her." she said. 

But isn't that what actors do. 

After some 3-4 minutes, I broke the uncomfortable silence.

"Okay, Manasvi," I started speaking, all eyes on me, "do this scene. Stand in front  of Ahaan and recite these dialogues."

"Whi-ch dia-lo-gues? she said coming forward, her voice breaking, she was scared. Because I called her instantly after a thing of getting angry. "Come. come forward." 

"But sir," she said, hesitating.

"No question, please. Do as said." I said, she nodded.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. 

Then she started,

"Mahiwal, yeh dil sirf tumhare liye dhadkega. Hum humesha ke liye ek ho gaye hain. Hume ab ek dusre se koi alag nahi kar sakta, na mere baba, na yeh samaj, na koi aur. Ab hume koi alag nahi kar sakta, khud maut bhi nahi. Ab yeh naam ek saath humesh ke liye jud gaaye hain, Sohni-Mahiwal. Ab se duniya hume ek dusre ke naam sang yaad karegi. Jab-jab Mahiwal ka zikr hoga tab-tab Sohni ka bhi zikr hoga. Kismat ne hume ek saath jod diya hain, humesh-humesha ke liye."

"Mahiwal, my heart will beat only for you. We are united forever. No one can separate us from each other, now, neither my father nor this society, no one else. Nothing can separate us, not even death. Now, and hence after our names are united forever, Sohni-Mahiwal. Now onwards, this world will remember our names together. When Mahiwal is mentioned, then Sohni will also be mentioned. Fate has joined us together forever."

She completed the dialogues. And damn everyone was awe-struck, including me. I just can't describe that moment, I am short of words. The emotions, the intensity, the pain, the love, she could express everything so naturally. She was really gifted.