Phir Le Aaya Dil!

It wasn't exactly love at first sight, but it was deeper than that. 

A sense of belonging to a place I never knew I wanted, but always somehow needed.

It was a home that carried a heartbeat.

-Nikki Rowe

-Manasvi-

I never saw him. Until...

5 years apart.

Mumbai. Spring, 2024

I woke up with the sun hitting my face. 

"Anu, close the window, pull the curtains." I shouted, pulling the blanket over my face.

"Wake up, it's already 7 in the morning." she informed.

"I will, I didn't sleep until it was 3 last night. Pleasee..."

"Don't you have to show up for the auditions?" 

"Ugh! I hate my life! Can't even get a proper, peaceful sleep." cursing my life, irritated, I got up from the bed.

These were the mornings I've been living since the past three years. Wake up, get ready, if it was a college day, head to college, if not, then, head to the studios for auditions.

Life had been pretty tough, but somehow, we all always get through it.

Anu, a companion I found in my roommate. She had been looking after me like my sister did. Finding a house in Mumbai is tough, but making a home out of it is not, especially when you have a roommate like her. As much as I curse my life, sometimes, it seems like, this is how it is supposed to be, this was how it was supposed to be. And just like that, I am happy, again.

I put on some cool-looking clothes, had the omelette Anu had made for me with bread and headed to Andheri. After my college, Andheri is the place where I'd spend most of my time. Waiting for the assistant to call out my name, standing in front of 3 casting directors, holding the white board on which my apparent information was written- Name: Manasvi K, Age: 22, Height: 5'6, Swim: Yes,  Available on shoot days: Yes. These are my profiles.

The audition that day went super well. I was short-listed besides 5 other girls. It was for a handwash commercial, where I had to play a mother to a 6-7 year old. Coming back home, I laughed at the fact of a 22 year playing a mother to a 6 year old. But, I had no other option. The TV serial I was signed for, hadn't provided me with my advance payment and the shoot was to begin April, and on top of that I had pay the rent for the room I conduct my dance classes in.

"How was the audition?" Anu asked as she opened the door for me.

"It went well. I got short-listed."

"Oh wow! I am sure that they'll select you." she said, handing me a glass of water.

"I don't know. But I really hope that they do. I have no money with me, and I have to pay the rent. The college gets handled by my scholarship. But this won't." I replied, half tensed, half tired. Wiping off the sweat from my forehead.

"Don't worry about the rent, I'll pay it for this month. You can return it back to me once you receive your advance payment." she said, being considerate.

"No no.. you have been the rent for the house for the past two months. I don't want to be a burden on you." I refused her offer ardently.

"My father sends me the money every month."