1. She ruined everything.

Everything had been great. Amar was living the life he had always dreamed of. He was even the Crown prince of Obelia! But no. That couldn't last, could it? All because of her. She ruined everything. She took Father's love. She killed Sister Athy. She got Amar thrown out and cast away. Amar hated Jennette. He loathed her. Loathe probably wasn't even a strong enough word. She took away his life and tossed him away like the imbecile she was. If only she wasn't heir to the throne. If only she existed no longer.

It was Amar's birthday. It was supposed to be lovely and heartwarming, like all the others. Father would come in, softly smiling to see Athanasia and Amar reading with each other. Father would congratulate them, and then he'd have to get ready for the party. It should've been amazing. It should've made Amar collapse from how much fun he was having. But that didn't happen. The twenty-year-old was left alone to rot. To stand still and be helpless, like a corpse. Coincidentally, Amar and his little sister had the same birthdays, even though they were years apart. Coincidentally, Father had to find out he had another daughter. Coincidentally, the girl had stolen his fathers heart and moulded him into a vile, vile man.

Athanasia had been framed for poisoning Jennette. For that, she died. Amar had tried to protect his sister from dying. For that, he was banished from the palace. "If I see you here, I'll chop off your head and feed you to the crows." His father said. Amar remembered a time where Father had bought him a pet crow because they were his favourite animals. "I've been fooled!" Amar cried, looking for the warmness in Claude's eyes that were now filled disgust. Amar was no longer his son. Claude would keep a girl he'd known for weeks rather than his children he'd raised for years. That really tells you a lot about a person.

Amar was left to die in the streets. It had been not even three days before he had been robbed and mugged, limping with wounds everywhere on his body. Amar didn't want to die like this. He didn't want to die at all. If he did, though, he'd rather die looking at the helplessness on Claude's face as Jennette lay in a pool of blood. Ah, that'd be satisfying. The thought numbed Amar's hunger. That enough would make Amar the happiest now-street-rat in Obelia.

But his troubles would never end, even if it made Amar smile. He was lying next to a dumpster. Amar had been there for two days, unable to move. He wasn't sure if he was losing blood, but since he was still alive, Amar guessed not. He heard the sound of footsteps. They'd sounded familiar. Those of the footsteps he'd heard two days ago, pieces of metal clinking on some more metal. It gave Amar a migraine, but he was scared even more so because of the person who wore the metal as boots.

The footsteps stopped. Amar could hear another persons breathing, as if they weren't even trying to conceal their presence. The person sat down to match Amar's eye level. She was a woman, looked in her early twenties, with murky grey eyes and dark brown hair. She was adorned in winter clothing, filthy as she was. "You're still here." She said, a statement rather than a question. She had a deep, confident voice, one that could even make Amar's father tremble.

Amar stared at her, as if to say, what else would I be doing? The woman chuckled. "It's an uncommon sight to see a prince of Obelia half-dead in the dumpsters, wouldn't you say?"

A pause.

"Oh right. You got kicked out, didn't you?" She stated again. It seemed like the woman had no manners. As if she wanted to provoke him. Amar managed to get out a quick "What do you want with me?", before coughing mercilessly.

"Me? Oh, it's not me who wants something. I gotta take you to my boss. He's a little curious of you. Think he wants revenge. Yeah. Most likely. Anyways, have a nice nap!" She concluded, before using some type of cloth to bring Amar to sleep.