2. Turns out he's not dead.

Amar was barely conscious. The woman held him bridal style, but he was too tired to do anything about it. His head lolled from side to side, and Amar feared if the woman held him with such roughness any longer, his neck would snap. Amar tried getting out of the woman's grip, only to face-plant on the floor, earning chuckles. He got up, the disdain clear on his face. "What even is your name?" Amar asked. He couldn't believe he was being babied by a person he didn't even know. The woman paused for a second, as if trying to think of something. "Should I tell you?" She looked amused.

Amar stared at the woman. "Please." He mumbled, making the woman smile.
"Esta." The woman said, and suddenly she didn't seem as scary. Esta sighed. "You don't look like an Obelian prince. I thought they all had blond hair?" She asked in return. Ah. Esta and Amar had started to walk. "I guess it's because of my mother." Wasn't he oversharing? Amar felt like he barely knew his now 'companion'. For what purpose hid her and her leader want him for? Esta had already stated the purpose was for revenge, but she wasn't clear. Revenge for what? Why did it include him? Was he going to be bait? A scapegoat? It was like trying to read a book of whom it's language he didn't know.

Esta suddenly stopped in her tracks. "Hm. So your cousin is also a half sister." She mumbled. What? Cousin? Amar had no cousin. "Pardon?" He asked.

They moved towards an alleyway in the slums, narrow and suffocating. There was a door, covered in green and grey mould. It was disgusting. A couple days ago, Amar wouldn't even imagine being near the stink. "Never mind. He'll tell you." Esta replied. She looked back at Amar before opening the door, and Amar noticed that she didn't look like she was from the Obelian empire. She led Amar through the door, and there was no more mould. More like clean, new bricks had been placed. Suddenly, there was a booming sound, as if a bomb large enough to destroy the earth had dropped. A man appeared beside Amar. He had long blonde hair, and surprisingly, jewelled blue eyes. Was there another royal no one had known about? "Nephew." The man stared. Well that answered the question. The man next to Amar was his uncle, Anastacius. Turns out he's not dead. He didn't die. But Amar remembered seeing his uncle being hanged by the gallows. So he was alive, but how?

The younger blond dropped to the floor in fright, making both Anastacius and Esta laugh. They both stopped within a matter of seconds. Esta led them to what seemed to be a drawing room, with sofas and ottomans. The three of them sat down, Amar following his uncle's lead. "So. How is my daughter?" Was the first thing he asked. Did Anastacius even have a daughter? Amar's uncle saw his confusion, and added "Jennette."

Amar hiccuped in fright. Jennette wasn't Claude's daughter? So why did Jennette announce that she was? His whole future dissolved for a father that believed his niece was his daughter? Since when did the world turn upside down? Amar remembered Esta's words. 'So your cousin is also a half sister?'. Amar looked down, fiddling with his thumbs. "She took my place," he started.

"I hate her."