6. I am the humble Cyre.

To say the least, Amar was more nervous than he had been in his entire life. His once dark brown hair was now the colour of a sunset, a mix of red and orange. It annoyed him, since he would be more noticeable. Amar wore contacts that changed his eye colour from jewelled blue, to a dark grey. He was supposed to be disguised as a foreigner sent as a tribute to the emperor, but he had never seen foreigners in his entire life. How was he supposed to know what they looked like? What if they totally knew he was a shod?

Amar was sent alone on a carriage to the palace, and it was quite a lonely journey. The silence caused him to rethink his life choices, but he didn't get very far because the carriage had suddenly stopped in its tracks. The mysterious driver (Anastacius said he could be trusted, but Amar was still wary) opened the door, and disappeared.

He got out of the carriage, and seeing his former home made him shed a bit of tears. A knight saw the 'foreigner', and led him to the throne room.

The sight of the Emperor always made people shudder in fear, but this foreigner didn't. Isidore had been a knight at the castle for what was now years, but he had never seen anything this in his lifetime. The foreigner didn't cower nor shrink, but instead stood straight, almost regally. One could think he was royalty. What if he was? Isidore saw the emperor glare at the foreigner.

Claude had never seen any human with orange hair. Even though he had gone on multiple missions in the past to gain power. The sight before him was quite rare, not just because of the wild hair colour. The foreigner seemed to have no concept of power. "Bow." Claude commanded, the iciness clear in his voice.

Amar had forgotten he was supposed to be playing the role of some foreign fool. He fumbled as he bowed, but to Claude, it wasn't enough. "Lower." The emperor stated. Wow. Claude must really be in a bad mood. Was it because of his son? Did he regret his decision? Nah. He probably didn't. Jennette would've taken the opportunity and seized position as Crown Princess. With that, Ijekiel would've been made Prince. He bowed even lower.

Claude had had enough. The ignorant nobody in front of him clearly did not know the rules of the Obelian empire. "More!" He shouted.

(Lol now Amar's like this 🙇🏻‍♂️)

"What is your name?" Claude sneered.

Amar had never really thought of a name to go with his disguise. It was stupid, he knew, after all that time on the carriage to think, but he just really couldn't get to it. It had already been seconds since Claude had asked the question, and any longer would anger him even more. Amar couldn't risk being kicked out when the plan hadn't even started.

"Greetings, Sun of the Obelian Empire.
I am the humble Cyre."