13. The Old Prince Becomes Heir Once Again

(hi guys i know it's been 32 days since my last update but after seeing comments i had a sudden burst of motivation so the timeline might be a bit off bc i don't remember exactly what happened lololol anyways enjoy)

Amar didn't know what to feel, being back in his own room. He couldn't even remember how long it was since he'd slept in there. Exile does that to you.

At first, Amar wasn't that emotional. But, without the fake hair and fake contacts, when he finally had brown hair and green eyes, again, he couldn't help but reminisce about that past.

He was supposed to have a cold demeanour, he wasn't supposed to care about his room.
He wasn't supposed to care about becoming heir again. It was all just play. Just play, right?

He couldn't even have his privacy with Isidore burning a hole through his head. The fact that Cyre was actually an exiled prince could not seem to process through the guards head.

Isidore looked at Amar with disgust. Amar could not fathom why, even infront of a reinstated royal, Isidore could not keep a grimace off of his face.

Amar could not do much about it, because he too was grimacing. "What are you doing here?" He asked with authority.

Isidore looked up at him. "His Majesty asked me to."

The guard started. "So, Cyre. I guess this means you are a lying scumbag too. The apple really doesn't fall far from the tree, doesn't it?"

"What?" Amar asked. He had been lying on his bed. "Who are you to insult me, mere guard?"

"Huh. You are hilarious, my prince. Like you weren't exiled a day ago?"

"What right have you to be angry at me?"

"Right? I do not need a right to be angry. To think the future ruler of Obelia will be tainted..."

Amar was silent.

"Oh don't worry, I'm sure the Obelia will be destroyed when the war comes. Even Athanasia would've been a better ruler than you."

Amar recoiled. He got up from his bed, finally, and walked to the guard. He held out his hand
for a second, before slapping Isidore. The guard couldn't even react, because Amar had him in a chokehold not long later. "She is Princess Athanasia to you."

His grip seemed to get tighter and tighter until he wasn't sure if the guard was even alive or not, but the faint twitch of his body said yes. Amar kicked Isidore to the side. "You best get your priorities in order. I'm not sure who you think you are but I will not tolerate this level of disrespect. Get out. Now."

The guard had listened. After all, who wouldn't after that kind of attack?

(sorry i'm being emo it's storming)