16. Ballroom Attire

"Oh my. Oh my. Oh my oh my oh my oh my oh my oh-" Ellowen said, exhilarated.

Amar chuckled. "You must breathe, dear friend." And so she did. She always listened to the boy in their childhood, seeing him as an elder brother. Even in their final moments together as children, she listened quietly to Amar's reassurance that they would play together soon again, though she didn't believe it. She didn't believe that Amar, who was timid in-front of his father, could defy the Emperor.

And then the day of Amar's exile came. Though it was a ball to celebrate a new Obelian 'princess', the day was more of an all-out brawl between the Crown Prince and The Emperor. Words were exchanged, and bad ones at that. It was the first time that Ellowen had seen weak-kneed Amar stand up againt Claude. God, his screams were so painful that even though she was across the vast ballroom, Ellowen had migraines for atleast a week.

There was a saying for this. What as it again? Ah, yes.

It's always the quiet ones.

Though now wasn't time to remember such a past.

"You're back!" Ellowen giggled, squeezing Amar.

"Yes. Yes I am. I've missed you greatly, Elly."

"H-how have you been after, uh, you know."

"I'm fine now that we've been reunited. Though some pest won't leave me alone. It is quite annoying, to be honest." Amar commented, knowing that Isidore could hear everything he was saying.

Ellowen sighed, holding the princes hand, fabrics on the floor. "You need help, don't you."

The prince smiled softly. "Yes, yes I do."

"Well?" Ellowen asked in anticipation.

"Might you.. help with my attire?"

The seamstress chuckled. "Of course. Ah, I heard Princess Jennette was throwing a ball for you." She said as she studied Amar with the most studious look. "I believe I have a piece that would suit you most wonderfully."

"Do tell."

"Well. It is my most recent design, ah, I cannot explain, you shall just see."

Amar follows Ellowen, as Isidore follows Amar.

The 'trio' ends up in the seamstresses workspace. Fabrics and cloths covered more than could meet the eye. After what seemed like hours, Ellowen brang back this... ballroom attire.

Amar himself wan't one for fashion, but the piece she had just showed was perfect. He did not know how to describe it. Not to simple but not too complex. A white blouse, covered by a black vest, slacks and cape, with gold lining. And finally, the beauty of it all, an amethyst coloured corsage and bolo tie.

Even Isidore had seemed invested in this outfit. "Is it nice?" Ellowen asked.

It took Amar a while to figure out what to say. "Nice? No, no, nice is an understatement."

"Well?"

"It is perfect."