ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ

WE'LL MEET AGAIN.
prologue. ❛ i love you - billie eilish.

"WHAT ARE YOU doing here?!" Peter Parker cried out as he spotted Gwendolyn Rosewood's familiar blonde locks behind him. "You can't be here, Wendy!" He pushed her further behind him as he stared at the villain in front of him.

It had been six months since he defeated the Vulture and he was happy being everyone's friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man until a man by the name of Andres Elliot got a hold of the same Chitauri tech the Vulture had used and created a serum out of the stones. He injected himself with it and he got the ability to control shadows and darkness.

"I'm here to help you!" Wendy shouted back, her soft English accent strong and pronounced. She walked backwards as Peter continued to push her away from the danger. She was wearing a baby blue blouse with white trousers and held a device in her hand.

"No, no, no!" Peter yelled as he quickly turned around and webbed Andres back who was getting too close for his liking. "Wendy, my love, I love you, I do, but you have to leave right now! I'm not messing around!"

"Peter," Wendy shook his hands off her shoulders and shook her head, her mesmerizing blonde curls waving in the air, "You know I'm here to help you."

"You can't be here," Peter repeated then looked down at the device in her hand, tilting his head.

Wendy caught his line of sight and picked up the device in her hand, "I built this yesterday. It got me thinking if he controls shadows...what's the one thing that's opposite?"

Peter's mechanical eyes widened, "Light."

"Exactly!" Wendy grinned brightly, "So I developed this, it harnesses direct sunlight and energy which will kill him. All you have to do is get close enough and attach it to his body, then press this button and that's it. We got him."

Peter grinned from under his mask and wrapped his arms around his girlfriend, pulling her up in a hug and spinning them around with a laugh, "You're a genius, Wendy!"

Wendy's cheeks blazed with red as she smiled down at the floor shyly, "Thank you." She cleared her throat and looked over Peter's shoulder at the man. She handed Peter the device and showed him the button, "Be careful, darling. If you're still touching the device while you pressed the button there's no telling what'll happen to you."

Peter nodded instantly and noted down the instructions in his head. He didn't know what he'd do without her, he loved her more than anything in the world. She was his everything. His love and pain. His heart and soul. Even at the end of the world, she was the one thing he knew he had to protect. She was his breath of fresh air in a world of poison.

It's too bad he forgot about Andres.

A pounding headache suddenly formed in his head, he can see every light flicker, see every tiny detail on Wendy's face. Everything is too loud for him, and it all echos and pounds in his head.

The sixteen-year-old felt everything. He felt his shock, he felt the sweat beading on his forehead, he felt the hair on the back of his neck raise, he felt the ominous feeling deep in his stomach.

His 'Peter Tingle' or Spidey Sense went off the rails as he turned to face the man only to see a dark, shadow-like figure there instead. Peter tilted his head and his breathing increased trying to figure out what was happening.