ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴠᴇʀsᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴀᴅɴᴇss

WE'LL MEET AGAIN.
multiverse of madness. ❛ mia & sebastian's theme - justin hurwitz.

PETER PARKER WALKED INTO his apartment and threw his keys down on the counter, letting out a tired sigh.

He couldn't believe it had already been two months since he last saw Wendy, it had all felt surreal.

"I know what you want." A voice whispered past Peter's ear and he looked every which way for the female voice.

"What?"

"I can give it to you." Said the woman with a slight Sokovian accent.

Hearing someone step forward, Peter looked up tensely and slowly furrowed his eyebrows when he saw the one girl that was always on his mind staring right back at him.

Wendy Rosewood grinned widely at the young man, her heart swelling with happiness just at the sight of him, "Oh, darling, I was wondering when you'd get home."

She had a baby pink vintage dress on and small white heels, her hair pinned up in an old-fashioned way that made Peter so confused.

And when Peter blinked, it was like suddenly everything turned black and white. He looked down at himself and saw he was wearing some type of 1950's suit.

"Oh, what the hell?" Peter mumbled and watched as everything in his room was modified into a 1950s version of it.

"What's the matter, love? You look a bit peaky. You weren't out in the rain were you? It's cold outside." Wendy spoke softly, her hand reaching forward to touch her boyfriend's head in worry.

"Um, I- what?" Peter slowly grabbed Wendy's hand and pushed it away, trying to figure out what the hell was happening to him, "Wendy, what are you doing here?"

"What do you mean?" Wendy cocked her head to the side before she lit up in a gleaming grin, "I told you we'd meet again, hadn't I? I was just visiting my mum back in England, you didn't miss me that much, did you, Peter?"

Peter started breathing raggedly and he took a step away from the girl, "I-I don't understand."

"No worries." Wendy chirped and backed away from the boy, turning on the little radio box that sat on a shelf and a random instrumental song started to play.

The blonde girl then turned back to Peter, extending a dainty hand outward, "Dance with me, will you, darling?"

Peter swallowed nervously and took her hand. Wendy beamed and closed the gap between them, placing her hands around his neck and Peter's went to her waist.

Wendy then placed her head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat, he sounded very stressed in her opinion.

So, as they slow danced in Peter's apartment, the boy tried to grasp a hold of what was happening. Wendy had left two months ago along with the other Peters and the sinister summit, as he liked to call them, so why was she here.

But he wasn't complaining, Peter would give up anything to have Wendy in his arms again. So in the meantime, Peter set his thoughts aside and let his chin rest on top of his girlfriend's head.

"It's wonderful right?" The mysterious woman asked again and Peter looked up, still not seeing where it was coming from.

"To have her back in your arms? To have that sense of happiness that all was fine again? It makes you want to go off into the night and just laugh at how happy you were again. No matter the century or the time, Wendy made you feel loved, she made you wanted, she made you feel...happy."

Peter frowned, it sounded like the Sokovian woman was speaking from experience, yet he still kept his arms snug on Wendy's waist.

"She's the salt in your hair when you've been at the beach for an entire day, she's the pen doodles on your maths homework, she's the mismatched socks you keep in your lower dresser drawer, she's the way your eyes cross when you're tired. She gets all frustrated when her cookies aren't baked right, she gets all flustered when your eyes meet, her sheets and blankets are the softest things you've known, her skin is slightly dusted in freckles from the sun and she gives warm and comforting hugs every day of the year."

Tears slightly brimmed in Peter's eyes as the woman spoke, all of the memories he had with Wendy gone.

"So dance... your final dance."

Wendy looked up at Peter, with love-filled eyes, "I missed dancing with you."

"Cause this is... your final chance."

"I love you." Peter managed to get out, trying to push away his tears and smile for the one that slipped through his fingers, "I love you so, so much."

"Aww." Wendy scrunched up her nose in happiness as well, "I love you too. I'd never want to know what it's like to live without you, Peter Parker."

"But then just like that..."

And suddenly Wendy disappeared from Peter's arms leaving him paralyzed as colour started to return to his apartment and everything started to change back to normal, the music going out and leaving a silent spell.

"She's gone." Wanda Maximoff appeared in the corner of Peter's apartment, leaning against the wall. "And she'll never be in your arms again."

"Where'd she go?" Peter whispered out of fear, looking all around for Wendy, "What did you do with her?"

"Oh, Parker." Wanda laughed with a shake of her head, "She was never here, never will be."

A single stray tear slipped from Peter's eye, it seemed he could never catch a break, "Why are you here?"

"I need your help catching someone." Wanda announced before the side of her lip quirked up in amusement, "She could be very useful to us."

"Us?" Peter rose his eyebrows, clearly still confused.

"Let me put it simply for you..." Wanda walked closer to the boy, circling him like a predator would a prey, "You get the girl, I get my kids back."

Peter scoffed, "That's kidnapping."

Wanda shrugged, smirking slightly. "Well you did potentially break the multiverse so I reckon a kidnapping would be like a walk in the park for you."

"And why exactly are you coming to me for this? What would I get out of this?"

"You could be with Wendy again." Wanda tempted and watched as Peter's eyes slowly started to twinkle with darkness.

"Then who will I be after, Miss Maximoff?"

Wanda smirked and with a flick of her hand, Peter was in his Spider-Man suit except it was all black with hints of dark red, "She's called America Chavez but I'll need you to come with me before you go off to find her, she's a tricky one."