ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇғᴛ ᴍᴇ

WE'LL MEET AGAIN.
03. ❛ right where you left me - taylor swift.

DRAGGING HIS HANDS down his face, Peter walked away, stuffing his hands in his pockets as the wind slightly ruffled his curly brown hair.

He thought he could've made things better, seeking help from the man, but it seems it just made things worse. He needed a break, he really did, but there was still so much he had to do.

Passing by an alley, he heard an exclaim of a girl. Furrowing his eyebrows, he snapped his head to the right and squinted his eyes. He saw a girl with a baby blue blouse and white trousers looking around with confusion.

Peter's breath hitched as he caught the blonde hair. Shaking his head, tears brimming in his eyes and he walked away. That was the last outfit he saw his love wearing, with the same hairstyle.

But she wasn't there. She was gone and he needed to learn and accept that but he never could. Passing by a cemetery, he looked up at the sign and walked in through the open gate.

There were rows upon rows of tombstones and whatnot, but he was only focused on one particular tombstone.

Peter sucked in a deep breath and walked up to the tombstone, gingerly fixing all the flowers and cards. Running his fingers over the letter engraved on the stone, he dropped his head in exhaustion.

Sniffling, Peter wiped his nose and pulled a small white rose flower from his pocket, and set it right next to the bouquet he got her earlier during the week.

"I brought these for you, I remember you would always drag me to small markets where you would collect a lot of them." Peter chuckled softly and let his eyes flutter close, imagining the old memories that haunted him, "Those were my favourite kind of dates, they used to remind me of the simple things in life."

Smiling weakly, Peter looked around the graveyard which was silent. He liked it. The silence. It gave him a sense of peace, especially after the incident.

He remembered when the incident had taken place, he couldn't sleep with his lights off for weeks. Scared of the dark shadows that lingered. Scared that it was all real. Scared that Wendy wasn't there to laugh and tell him it was a silly prank.

Closing his eyes, Peter remembered their first date.

Peter watched in awe as Wendy tilted her head back and laughed at the embarrassing story he had just told Wendy all about, there was such gentleness to it that Peter hadn't heard before. He smiled down at his shoes, his brown curls loosely swiping across his forehead. Wendy was unlike any other girl he had ever known.

Her blonde hair was tied back in a half up half down look and she was wearing a baby pink cardigan with a white skirt. She held his hand as she looked around with a smile.

"What are you smiling at?" Wendy pulled him out of his thoughts, her soft English accent entrancing him for a bit.

"Your laugh, I like it." A soft pink colour flushed to Peter's cheeks as Wendy looked at him curiously.

"Have you ever been in here?" Wendy asked, stopping their walk and peering up at the sign hanging above the small, old flower shop.

"Nope," Peter responded, watching carefully as Wendy ran her eyes up and down the old building.

"Let's go inside," Wendy spoke as she slowly approached the entrance, her shoes padding softly against the stone pavement, pulling his hand.

Wendy ran a hand through her blonde hair, looking up at the clear blue sky before she opened the door, the small bell quickly sounding.

Wendy stopped walking and began to look through the different variety of flowers, humming when she encountered something she liked. Her fingers delicately traced some flowers as she continued looking. A smile tugged at her lips when she saw a white rose flower.

Peter had found himself over by the small selection of poetry books. Wendy's lips curved up into a small smile as Peter knocked over a pile of books and reached down to pick them up, obviously embarrassed by his actions.

He whispered an apology to the shop owner and looked back over at Wendy with an embarrassed grin on his face that made the blue-eyed girl laugh, shaking her head at her best friend, soon-to-be boyfriend.

Peter shook his head to clear the memory and his tears, "Uh, I got my last college acceptance letter today," Peter started, telling her about his day, "Um, I didn't get in...to MIT I mean. Neither did Mj or Ned. They didn't deserve this, the only reason they didn't get in was because they knew me. I mean, that's not fair."

He sighed and ran a hand through his chestnut hair, "Their whole lives are screwed up because they know me. I really wish you were here, you'd tell me what to do or-or something. Anything. I just... I need a break. And I tried to go to Doctor Strange hoping he might be able to fix what happened but I just screwed everything up worse. I don't know how to do this anymore, everything keeps going downhill, and sooner or later I'll reach the bottom."

"I need you, Wendy." Fiddling with his hands, Peter stood up and bit the inside of his cheek, "I love you, my love."

Blinking rapidly, Peter released a shaky breath and fished his phone from his pocket, "Come on, pick up, pick up, pick up."

Hearing the ringing stop, there was a voice at the other end, "Dude, what? I'm busy." Flash Thompson answered with slight annoyance.

Peter immediately started talking, "Flash, where's the MIT mixer?"

At the other end, Flash scoffed, "Why?"

Peter clenched his jaw, "Because I need to come and talk to someone. I'm trying to get Ned and Mj a second chance at getting in."

"What's in it for me?" Flash lowered his voice, "I'm risking a lot just talking to you."

Peter sighed and looked around, "Okay, I will, um...pick you up and swing you to school for one week?"

"For a month," Flash said hopefully.

Peter furrowed his eyebrows, "For a week."

"Two weeks."

Peter groaned and walked away from the graveyard, "Flash, please come on, help me!"

Flash's voice dropped and he finally told Peter what he wanted, "You know what I want."

Peter sighed and rubbed his temples, "Okay, I'll tell everyone that you're my best friend. Flash, please help me!"

"Cool, cool, cool. So there's this lady, she's the Assistant Vice-Chancellor. You can plead your case with her."

"Okay, perfect. Where is she?"

"She left," Flash stated the obvious.

Peter's eyes widened slightly, "To go where?"

"The airport."