ᴠɪsɪᴏɴs ᴏғ ɢɪᴅᴇᴏɴ

WE'LL MEET AGAIN.
08. ❛ visions of gideon - sufjan stevens.

MJ MOVED THE ANCIENT relic away from Peter and shook her head. Wendy placed her hand above Peter's shoulder and gave him a look, glancing at the two Peters, "Darling..."

Peter swallow thickly and shut his eyes, shaking his head knowing if she said any more then Peter wouldn't send them back, despite all selfish ambition, he knew it was the right choice. "Don't, Wendy. Please. I can't hear your voice right now."

"My Uncle Ben was killed." The older Peter (2) started, "It was my fault."

"I lost..." Peter (3) spoke up, tears welling up in his eyes as he looked away from Wendy in guilt. "I lost Gwen. My... she was my Wendy." He choked out. "I couldn't save her. I'm never gonna be able to forgive myself for that."

Peter (3) took a deep breath. "But I carried on. I tried to... tried to keep going. Tried to keep being the...friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man, because I know that's what she would have wanted. But..." He exhaled shakily. "At some point, I just... I stopped pulling my punches. I got rageful. I got bitter. I know you felt that way when... Look, I just don't want you to end up like-like me."

Peter held onto Wendy's hand tighter and he bowed his head, remembering the hard and rage-filled months he went through after she passed. It was an understatement to say he was a mess, he was terrified he'd never recover, as was everyone.

"The night Ben died," Peter (2) began, "I hunted down the man who I thought did it. I wanted him dead. I got what I wanted. It didn't make it better. It took me a long time to learn to get  through that darkness."

"I wanna kill him," Peter confessed. "I wanna tear him apart. I can still hear her voice in my head." Peter began crying again as he held Wendy's hand tight. "Even after she was hurt, she said to me that we did the right thing. She told me that with great power..."

Peter's (2) eyes widened. "Comes great responsibility." He finished Peter's sentence.

Peter gasped while Peter (2) glanced at Peter (3), who nodded. "Wait, what?" Peter asked, "How do you know that?"

"Uncle Ben said it." Peter (3) answered.

"The day he died." Peter (2) added. "Maybe she didn't die for nothing, Peter."

⋆ ˚。⋆ ✧──────────────✧⋆。˚ ⋆

"Okay, so uh..." Peter set the bag full of things to cure the villains down. Wendy, Peter, Ned, Mj, and the two other Peters decided to use the science lab of Midtown High to prepare for their final battle with the villains, creating and finishing anti-serums against them "Connors, Marko, Dillon, and..."

Peter slammed Norman Osborn's empty syringe to the side, daring not to say his name. "Look, I think that I can repair the devices for Dillon and Marko, but the others...."

"I could help with Dillon." Wendy volunteered, being an engineer herself and having experience with Stark Tech and making Elliot's cure, it wasn't that hard. "He's using the Arc Reactor, that was what Stark used, right?"

Peter nodded and smiled at her, "Yeah, that'd be great, Wendy."

"Well, I got Connors." Peter (3) said as he put on a laboratory coat. "I've already cured him once, so no big deal." He froze when his two alternate versions stared at him. "What? It's no big deal."

"Great." Peter nodded along. "Yeah. That's great."

Peter (3) paused for a moment before looking for a place to start working on Connors' cure. Peter (2) grabbed the empty syringe for Norman. "I think I can make an anti-serum for Dr Osborn." He told Peter, who was looking down at it hesitantly. "Been thinking about it a long time."

Peter (2) looked at his younger version of himself and noticed how he was glaring intensely at Norman's syringe, "Gotta cure all of them. Right?"

Wendy rubbed Peter's should and gave him a look. He took a deep breath and reluctantly nodded. "Right."

"That's what we do."

Peter thought for a while before turning his attention to his best friends, who were admiring him and his other versions. "What?" He asked.

Mj motioned her head to him and the other two Peters as Ned smiled. "It's just... three yous."

Peter cracked a smile and chuckled softly, sitting down next to Wendy who grabbed supplies to start on Max's cure.

Peter took out a laptop and hesitantly looked at Wendy, actually looked at her. He swore he felt his breath leave his lungs as he watched her work in peace, turning over her shoulder every now and then to talk to the other Peter (3.)

He couldn't believe it, it all felt surreal, a dream, an illusion. He wasn't ready to say goodbye when the time was right but he knew it was inevitable.

Letting out a small laugh, Wendy muttered something to Peter (3) before turning back to her Peter, smiling when she caught his loving honey eyes on her, "What?"

Peter smiled and shook his head, keeping his tears down to not worry his girlfriend. Ex-girlfriend? Was she even his girlfriend at all? He had no idea. "Nothing, you're just really pretty."

Wendy blushed a shook her head, a few strands of blonde hair falling by her face, "You're really pretty too."

Peter threw his head back and let out a quiet laugh, leaning forward to kiss Wendy on the forehead, "I love you so much."

Watching Wendy lean her head on Peter's forehead with a smile, Peter (3) sucked in a deep breath and blinked away his tears, getting deja vu from when he was with Gwen Stacy.

Peter (2) turned around and saw his other self staring at Wendy and Peter. "You have someone?" He asked.

Peter (3) shook his head, trying to smile,  "No." He sighed heavily. "I got no time for uh... Peter Parker stuff, you know?" He stared at his older alternate self for a moment. "Do you?"

Peter (2) smiled and his eyes glossed over with memories of the past, "Um, that's a little complicated,"

Peter (3) shook his head and continued working, "No, I understand. I guess it's just not in the cards for guys like us."

"I wouldn't give up. It took a while, but we-we
made it work."

Peter (3) smiled, "Yeah?"

"Yeah." Peter (2) nodded. "Me and...Mj."

Peter (3) blinked in surprise and confusion, raising his eyebrows. His mind immediately went to the current Mj in the room with him. Peter (2) shook his head, "My Mj. It, uh...it gets confusing here."

Peter (3) chuckled and nodded, "Yeah."