ᴏɴᴇ

WE'LL MEET AGAIN.
14. ❛ one - harry nilsson.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING?" Peter asked when he finally got to Stephen.

"They're starting to come through, and I can't stop them," Stephen replied, grunting as he tried to stop the other individuals from coming in.

"There's got to be something we can do. Can't you just cast a spell again?" Peter suggested. "Like the original way. Before I screwed it up."

Stephen shook his head. "We're too late for that. They're here." He looked down at Peter. "They're here because of you."

Peter looked down as he took a moment to think. An idea popped into his mind which would surely solve the multiverse problem. "What if everyone forgot who I was?"

Stephen snapped his head at Peter, "What?"

"They're coming here because of me, right?" Peter asked. "Because I'm Peter Parker? So cast a new spell. But this time, make everyone forget who Peter Parker is." Peter exhaled shakily. "Make everyone forget...me."

Stephen shook his head, "No."

"But it would work, right?"

"Yeah, it would work," Stephen replied. "But you got to understand, that would mean everyone, who knows and loves you... we'd.. we'd have no memory of you. It'll be as though you never existed." He explained.

Peter gulped before nodding. "I know." He told Stephen. "Do it."

Stephen was hesitant. Although he did not know the boy for so long, he grew attached to him. Stephen glanced down at him before sighing deeply. "Then go and say your goodbyes. You don't have long."

"Parker!" Stephen called out, his eyes casting down to the girl with blonde locks and a heart made of gold, "The girl...she-" Stephen swallowed the lump in his throat, "She won't stay."

Peter nodded and his throat closed up, tears welled in his eyes, and his lips quivered, "I know."

Stephen smiled sympathetically, knowing how it felt to be kissed by love's dying king sting. Peter nodded at him, trying to keep his composure. "Thank you, sir."

Peter was about to leave, but Stephen rolled his eyes with a smile. "Call me Stephen." Peter stared at Stephen before smiling. "Thank you, Stephen."

Stephen smiled back, chuckling. "Yeah... still feels weird." Peter chuckled back. "I'll see you around." Peter farewelled before jumping down. Stephen shakily took a deep breath. "So long, kid."

Stephen began casting a new spell while Peter approached his variants with Peter's (2) arm hanging around Peter's (3) shoulders for support. "I think this is it. I think you're about to go home." He told his two other versions.

"Okay."

"Alright."

Peter wiped his nose and cheeks. "Um, look, I.. uh... thank you." Peter began to stutter. "I just wanted... I-I want you to-I wanna tell you that- I really don't know how to say this, like..."

"Peter." Peter (3) tried to calm Peter down with a comforting smile.

"I want you to know that I.."

"We know." Peter (2) spoke up. "It's what we do."

Peter smiled. "Yeah. It's what we do." He hesitated to leave. "Um, right. I- gotta find Wendy, Ned, and Mj." Peter couldn't resist himself and quickly rushed towards the other Peters to hug them both. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!"

The two Peters hugged him in return before Peter pulled away, "I guess I'll see you."

"Keep safe."

"Bye."

Peter swung away, leaving his two variants by the bay. Peter (2) sighed in contentment while the other Peter (3) smiled. "You're in so much pain, huh?"

Peter (2) nodded with a groan. "I am."

"Yeah."

Wendy watched as Peter jumped down in front of her, Mj, and Ned. The three of them rushed towards him to embrace him. "Are you okay?" Peter asked the three worriedly.

Mj nodded as she and Ned pulled away. "Yeah, we're okay."

Peter pulled away from Wendy and noticed the blood on Ned's jacket sleeve, "Oh my god. You're bleeding. Are you okay? Was it Connors?"

Wendy softly chuckled and cupped his cheek. "Love, I'm fine. Promise. Now that this is all over, we can have our happy ending, right?"

Peter breathed out shakily, "In another lifetime, my Wendy."

"What? We should go, right?" Wendy asked, glancing at the boy and then up at the sky with symbols around.

Peter glanced up as Stephen was completing the spell. He looked back at his girlfriend and his friends. "Y-You're... you're gonna forget who I am."

"What?" Ned asks, his eyes also brimming with tears. Wendy took a few steps back as realization dawned on her.

"Wh-what are you talking about, Peter?" Mj asks her friend, mumbling upon her words.

"It's okay. I'm gonna come and find you both, and I'll explain everything." Wendy just stares at her boyfriend, a tear dripping down her cheek. After everything they've gone through, and they don't get a happy ending. "I'll make you remember me, and it will be like none of this ever happened. Okay?" Peter talked to only Mj and Ned, refusing to look Wendy in the eyes

"Bu-But what if that doesn't work? What will we do if we can't remember you, Peter?" Mj's voice cracked, as she looks over at Ned to also see him on the verge of tears, before looking back at Peter.

"I know, Mj, I know." He nods at his girl, a tear falling from his eye. He looks over at Ned and completely breaks. "But we'll be okay."

"Promise?" Ned speaks up for the first time.

"Yeah, I promise," Peter replies after a second after looking at his best friend. They do their infamous handshake, before bringing each other into a hug. Wendy grabs onto Mj's hand to comfort the girl. "I'll come find you, okay?" Peter mumble into his friend's shoulder.

"I know you will," Ned replies to him, a tear dripping down his cheek too.

They break apart before Peter looks over at Mj. They bring each other into a hug, Peter trying to slow down his sobs, as Mj does nothing to hide hers. "Please come and find us," Mj mutters as they pull apart, he just nods sadly. "I will, I will."