The Wrong Number

Wanda

   I always hated meetings with the Avengers. Today was the day we all got back together to work out issues. I just don't feel like I belong. Anyway the team was talking about the battle they had against each other, saying it was wrong. I barely remember the battle, but the thing I can remember was that spider guy. He sounded young when he greeted everyone.

"WANDA!" someone yelled.

   That's when I stopped thinking about the spider guy and actually focused on the meeting. Apparently it was Steve who yelled.

"Yeah?" I replied, almost sounding bored.

"We were discussing about moving into the tower, do you think we should?" Steve asked.

"Sure, if we are here to make amends, then we should be closer together"

"Then it's settled. The Avengers are back" Tony said.

"Wasn't that already said, Tony?" Natasha questioned.

"Was it? I'm too tired to notice, I need my coffee"

   After the meeting everyone moved into the Avengers tower. My room was next to Vision and the guest room. Tony says it's used from time to time by his intern.

  I was in my room reading when suddenly I heard a buzz. I looked around looking for the source, when I stumbled upon my phone. I opened my phone and checked my messages.

???
Hey, Ned I finally got your number.

   Since I didn't know who it was I was debating whether to answer or not. At this moment I am so bored, so I might as well answer. So I crawl into my bed with the blanket over me and start to text this new guy.

???
Hey, Ned I finally got ur number

Wanda
Who is this

???
It's Peter
Ned u just gave me ur number

Wanda
Well ty for ur name, and I'm not Ned

Peter
Ur not?
Oh well then, I'm not Peter
Who r u then

Wanda
Just call me Scarlet

Peter changed ??? to Scarlet

Peter
Sooo, Scarlet whatcha doing

   I kept texting Peter that I lost track of time. I have been in my room all day. I was in the middle of texting Peter when in a blink of an eye, Pietro appeared in my room.

"Hey sis what are you doing?"

"Just texting"

"Oh really, well who"

   I was about to say nobody, but Pietro just supersped to grab my phone.

"A guy named Peter?"

"Pietro, give it back"

"Whatever sis, dinner's ready"

   I just pocketed my phone and went to the living room for dinner.

Peter

   Scarlet hadn't texted in a while so I took the opportunity to go out into the city as Spider-Man.

   I stopped multiple crimes but once I finished one, a firefighter came to me and started yelling.

"Spider-Man! Thank god I found you. There is a building on fire and a little boy is stuck in the building.

   As I heard that I ran as fast as I could. When I reached the building sure enough, it was on fire. I immediately sprang to action.

"HELLO? ANYONE HERE?" I yelled out.

"Help, help. Please I'm scared" a voice, which souded very young, yelled out.

Wanda

   The Avengers were silently eating their dinner. I was eating but all I could think about was that Peter boy. So I texted him saying hi, but he never responded.

"What are you thinking about, Wanda?" Steve calmly asked.

"It's nothing" I would reply.

   He was about to reply when he noticed the TV behind me. On it, was the news reporting a building on fire. Seeing it wasn't helping me at all. I still felt guilty for what happened in Lagos. It brought back those memories I have been trying to force out. Reporters at the scene of the building said Spider-Man was there.

"Hey Tony, it's your kid" said Sam.

"Isn't he the one from Queens?" Steve asked so randomly.

"Yes and yes, F.R.I.D.A.Y turn up the volume" Stark said.

"...Man is trying to rescue a young boy from this fire" the news would say.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y, make sure medbay is ready. There's going to be a spider visiting"

Peter

   I finally reached the little boy and found he was surrounded by flames.

"Hey, I'm going to get you out" I stated.

   I raced into the flames and held the boy.

"NO! I can't do this, I'm too scared!" the boy would yelled.

   I looked at him and took off my mask. (Yes I'm doing this)

"Here, put this on" I said handing him my mask.

   He did as told and when I asked him if he felt braver he would yell, "yeah!" So I made my way through the fire but it was spreading everywhere. Way too fast. For what seemed like forever, I finally reached the window from which I came. My lungs were full of smoke, I could barely breathe.

"I don't think I can do it" I said.

"Here, so you can be brave just like how I was" the little boy said, handing me my mask.

"Your a good kid, you know that?"

   I had it in me to jump out the window and land on the ground. The boy's mother came running from the crowd crying. She hugged the boy and checked for any injuries.

"Thank you, Spider-Man" she said.

"You and I should be thanking him. Without him, we wouldn't have made it" I said pointing at the boy.

   After that drama, I left the scene and was perched on a ledge.

"Hey Karen?" I asked my suit.

"Yes, Peter" she would reply in a robotic way.

"Call, Mr. Stark"

Calling Tony Stark

"Sir, I'm going to medbay"

I hope you liked this little update. I'm not too good with long chapters but, here is this one. I did use inspiration from Andrew Garfield with the little boy. But hope you liked it. I'm going back and changing the compound idea. I want it to be Avengers tower. Spider out.