Chapter 2. Jake Kiszka - Our Secret

Enjoy!

3/22/22

-
Summer

It was a bright sunny day. You woke up at 7 am, the time you needed for packing last-minute essentials.

"Yeah, we're staying there for a week. We'll stop by for groceries on our way there!" you hear Josh telling your mom, letting you know he's here.

"Ah, you're here!" you say, sarcastically: as you walk downstairs.

"Good morning!" he shines his wide toothy grin. You smiled back.

"Here is money for groceries! No beer!" your mother says strictly. "No promises, Mrs. (y/l/n)," you hear Sam say from the front porch. "Sammy, you stay out of trouble, alright?" your mother tells him. "We'll sure try to keep him out," Danny laughs.

As your mother talks to the three boys, Jake makes his way to you, "let me help you with that." he takes your bag and loads it into the van.

You grew up with the boys and always had feelings for Jake, the feelings were mutual, but you two couldn't be together as you told yourselves. It didn't stop you two from being there for each other.

"Thank you, Jake." you smile. "With all the pleasure, love," he smirks. You playfully shove him.

"Alright, you guys take it easy, okay? Be safe! I love you!" your mom shouts out. "We love you too, Mrs. (y/l/n)," Sammy smirks. "Oh, God."

-
Cabin

"Now, this is just what we need!" Josh says, walking into the cabin. You couldn't agree more.

Danny, Josh, and Sam started stocking up the fridge as you went into your chosen room to set up your belongings. Jake, of course, followed.

You threw yourself on top of the bed, sighing. Jake joined you seconds later. "I'm glad we planned this." he grabbed your hand, intertwining his fingers with yours as you stared at the ceiling. "Wouldn't want to be anywhere where you're not." you look at him, cheeks burning red. He stared into your eyes in a gaze. "Josh said if you guys want to start up lunch outside?" Sam walks in. You quickly let go of Jake's hand and stood up, hoping he didn't see. "Uh, yeah, let's go!" you drag Sam out of the room, leaving Jake.

(thanks Sam)

-
Outside

After having lunch, you and the boys sat around the light-lit bonfire, chatting and laughing together. Jake bought his guitar out, strumming slowly. You gaze at him, feeling nothing but love for him. Danny smiled at you, catching on to your love gaze. "I like that one! Play it back." Josh tells Jake. Jake smirks up at you. You couldn't help but smile back.

The way that beautiful boy has you wrapped around his finger.

Jake continues strumming his guitar, humming lightly.

"Who would like another beer?" you ask, getting up from your chair. "Oh, I'll take another!" Danny says as Sam waves his hand up, taking one last sip from his bottle. You nod, making your way inside the kitchen.

You made sure to bring out the six-pack, knowing Jake and Josh would want one.

"Hi, pretty girl." Jake smiles, making his way to you. You looked up at him, blushing. "Hey, there, cute boy," you say, making his cheeks burn bright red.

He caressed your cheek, making you melt into his hand. His soft, tender touches always made you feel loved. You then planted your lips on his, taking you back the first night you lost it to each other. It only brought you closer.