Chapter 10. Jake Kiszka - Since I've Been Loving You.

2/19/23

ENJOY!

Smut ahead.

-
11 A M

I sat against a tree. It was not too far from the cabin, but it was far enough. I put on my headphones and begin writing in my journal.

I wrote poems. I wrote about my day and sentiments.

Getting away from the crowd was relieving. I was with my best friends and my one crush I have never gotten over. I learned how to manage the burden it has left me. Seeing the girls he constantly brought around was my queue to; stay away.

"You know it's dangerous to be out here alone?" He tells me, quickly startling me out of my writing. "Oh, do you guys need help over there?" I questioned, completely ignoring his statement. "No, but it's dangerous being alone."

"I'll be okay. I'm not too far," I turn my back, setting my headphones back on.

Why did he care if I was alone?

As I sense him leaving, I turn to watch him disappointedly tramping back. It's best if I continued, pushing him away. It's for the best.

I went on writing. I wrote about J. I still remember the night Sam told Jake. Sammy, years ago, accidentally told Jake how I felt about him. I forgave him because Jake was too drunk to understand. Somewhere that night, I knew Jake understood each word from Samuel's mouth.

He was different after that night.

-

"Hello! (Y/n), let's get on inside!" Danny calls out, getting my attention. I quickly grabbed my stuff and followed him back.

-
Cabin

"Ah, (Y/n)! There you are. Jake told us you wouldn't come!" Josh states. I look over at Jake as his eyes glare back at mine. "I didn't notice a problem," I scoffed, causing Jake to roll his eyes.

"Let's get settled in!"

-

I grabbed my bags and set them inside the place from the van. We were here to write the new album. I helped them with writing. Josh and I often took days out of our week to write and hang out. Again, the three of them were my best friends.

I sat on the couch and began writing, scribbling down anything that came to mind.

Josh sat next to me, looking over at my notes. I playfully scoot away. "Hey!" he says, pulling me back as I laugh. I closed the book as he tried taking over. He began attacking my sides, tickling me. I kicked up my feet, fighting for a breath of air. He lifted me and carried me over his shoulder. "We're getting a drink!" He yells, making me throw my journal on the couch.

"Josh put me down!"

"Woah! What do we have here?!" Sammy shouts, placing his bags by the door. He stood at the entrance beside Jake and Danny. Jake's face dropped, and he immediately clenched his jaw.

Why?

Josh set me down. "Just making (y/n) have a drink!" he tells them. "I was trying to write! And this maniac pulled me away," I laugh nervously. A part of me felt like I was doing something wrong from that look on Jake's face.

I pulled away from Josh's grasp.

"Maybe we should get to work, Josh," Jake declares sternly. "C'mon! We just got here! Let's celebrate!" he remarks, making Jake more annoyed.

What's his problem?

-
Afternoon

I had a glass of red wine beside my journal. Jake was fast asleep on the couch I was on earlier. The guys went to get additional wood for the fireplace.