Chapter eight.

Hell was a place for the undead, damned souls of the mortal realms. But there was also a faint sliver of love that existed, but so few had seen. A form of it was often displayed when Briar had food neatly packed away for her when she went off to her studies, with other students of the damned who were not quite matured enough to become cenobites. To put it bluntly, in Briar's mind, they were the leftover remnants of their parents and families coming across the Lament configuration box.

It came to no surprise when an officer of hell stepped before her in the maze and courched to her height, she did after all see this specific officer often. "Greetings BriBri, may I speak with you for a minute? There will be no repercussions for your absence."

The child suddenly hugged around her neck as she grinned. "Bella! You're back!"

The excitement drew Roxanne's attention away from the cold damp walls and horrors being displayed all around them. "God there's kids down here too?!"

The Commander nodded, standing up to place a hand on Briar's shoulder. "She belongs to Laslo, many children end up arriving due to their parent's desires, and end up being taken in by mentors and locals...." She paused, before continuing. "At least, it became that way when the current Hell Priest arrived, he found it quite barbaric to slaughter them."

Roxanne grimaced, surprised that Pinhead would be disturbed by child death. "Okay so, how is missy going to solve our problems?"

Roxanne lit a cigarette and took a puff, sighing. "She's one of the very few who knows how to get into the chamber of memories that Leviathan devours and stores away within- a secret she won't even tell me."

Commander replied as Briar smirked beneath her black robes. "A memory you seek? That will cost you."

Bella held out her hand to Roxanne. "Give me your cigarettes."

Roxanne's eyes widened, immediately stuffing the pack into her top and crossing her arms. "Are you fucking serious? There's no way in hell I'm giving a twelve year old a pack of cigarettes!"

Briar simply shrugged, stepping and walking away until Roxanne finally groaned. "Fine! But I'm not going to support you in it."

Reluctantly she handed Briar her pack of cigarettes. "Thank you! Now, who's memories am I grabbing? Can't be a big shot here because mom will skin me alive if I'm caught again."

"My memories." Commander replied as Briar grimaced. "You technically belong to the Hell Priest, that's a-"

Before she could finish, Roxanne handed her a knife that was hidden in her boot. Briar's eyes glimmered as she immediately took it, stashing it away in her cloak. "I'll bring them to you tonight, before curfew."

She scuttled off as Commander raised an eyebrow to her aunt. "I can tell she's one of those sheltered kids, even for hell- they're the worst trouble makers."

The cenobite rolled her eyes before suddenly shoving the box into her hands and pushing her off the path. "Return, now! The Hell Priest is coming!"