Chapter eighteen.

The limbo between Hell and the spirit realm was Dr. Chenard's domain, a vast hospital with thousands upon millions of endless rooms and wards. All within his guardianship as a high ranking prisoner of the Hell Priest. His dreams of revenge were still ablaze within, but for now they were hidden behind his duties of a lead medic and eternal warden.

He knew that the child was plotting to help the zombie escape, but chose to allow her to her own devices- the scar down his cheek to his chest from her "mother" being a deciding factor. He pitied the guard who'd stop them.

Briar took Roxanne's hand to lead her out of the room and back into the hallway, everything clear except now that the tiles beneath their feet were the faces of the lament configuration boxes. Briar knelt down to show Roxanne.

"You see these? These are puzzles, this whole hospital is one big puzzle- the exit is constantly moving, it would take eternity to find it if you don't know what you're looking for."

"For a little kid you're pretty damn smart."

Roxanne murmured in reply as Briar snorted. Suddenly, there were echoing footsteps down the corridor as Briar once again grabbed Roxanne's hand and tanked her into the room across to hide behind a wall. The skeletal guard walked past, mumbling something-

"This obsession is getting out of hand."

He stopped, his sunken eyes gazing down the corridor to see a shadowy figure going across. Another prisoner. He rolled his eyes, taking out a hook as he went to investigate, and perhaps cause pain. Once he was gone, Briar sighed in relief as Roxanne grabbed a scalpel. "Okay kid, we're getting out of Hell for good."

—-------------------------------------------

When she awakened, everything was bright. A soft breeze played with her hair....hair- the cenobite touched her scalp to feel the thick strands in place of her once smootheness. Commander sat up to only see that her deathly pale skin was now peach colored. Nothing was making sense, but what did was the Hell Priest sitting in a chair across and watching her with his shiney black eyes.

"I supposed a change in appearance would help alleviate the internal struggle you're going through."

His voice was cold. Commander throwned as she reached down to feel the wound in her abdomen, the blade replaced by stitches.

"Elliot you didn't have too...I knew..."

Pinhead casted a glare, but more so at himself. He failed to protect his surrogate daughter, just as he did so before with Kirsty Cotton and Joey. In his mind they were in a more, comforting space...he got up to only walk to the open window as he gazed out into the streets of what was once London in his time as a human.

"I knew, I just...I didn't want to believe it."

Bella said as The Hell priest snapped his head to her suddenly. "Don't make any excuses for my failures, Bella. I am the Hell Priest, your mentor....your father in Hell and yet my duties have once again gone unchecked. You..."

He made his way to her with soft steps, leaning over to caress part of her face. Before suddenly enveloping her into his arms.

".... are my most important duty of all."

Suddenly, they were back within the conscious world of hell. Once again she felt her scalp, but instead of hair she felt pins. On her head was a crown of needles.