02.

School was finally over and Aaliyah was getting ready to meet up with Lisa at the local pizza place.

"Yo,you dressed?"Her brother,Tony knocked on her bedroom door.

"Yeh,come in"She shouted back and he slowly opened the door.

"Mom and pops are still at work and i'm about to go see Keyshia,you need taking anywhere?".

"Just drop me off at Lisa's house please"Aaliyah said as she adjusted her dungarees.

"Aight".

Aaliyah picked her keys up off her night stand before leaving.

"So,how was school?"he asked.

"It was okay apart from people asking me about my music all day".

He looked at her and smiled.

"My little sister is gonna be a superstar".

"Shut up"she playfully punched him in the arm.

5 minutes later,they were at Lisa's house.

"Call me if you need anything"he told Aaliyah as she got out of the car.

"I will,thank you"she shut her door then walked up the path and porch to Lisa's front door.

She could hear shouting coming from Lisa and her father.

"If you don't fucking want me here so bad then i'll leave...i don't want to live with a drunken ass father anyways".

Just as she said that,there was a big smashing sound from inside.

Quickly,the front door opened as Aaliyah was about to knock again.

"Hey"Aaliyah awkwardley said.

"Hi"Lisa forced a smile as she pulled her jacket straight.

Lisa still had on her shades from earlier and Liyah was curious to know who done it.

They walked down the porch and took a right,heading towards town.

Lisa never spoke about what just happened in her house or even spoke till they got to the pizza place.

When,they got there Lisa ordered a 8 inch meat pizza with a large coke and Aaliyah ordered a bbq pizza with a medium coke.

"So,whats been going on witchu?"Aaliyah asked.

Lisa sighed deeply and looked away from her.

"Alot".

"I'm here to listen"she placed her hand on top of Lisa's,causing her to flinch at her touch.

Aaliyah found that sort of strange.

"Well,my dad is an alcoholic...its that bad that we can barely afford to pay the rent because he just takes our money and my job ain't all that but its good money".

"I'm sorry you have to cope with that Li".

"I'm use to it by now"she glanced at Aaliyah but avoided eye contact.

"Can you tell me who give you that black eye?".

"Who'd you think?"Lisa took off her glasses and looked at her.

Lisa's eye was swolen and was very dark.

"He didn't,did he?"Aaliyah was shocked.

She knew Lisa and her family for years but she never thought her dad would be abusive.

She knew they fought but not psychially.

"Yeh,he did this when i caught him going through my drawers and taking my money that i earned for him some Alcohol...atleast he had the decency to leave me 20 dollars"Lisa laughed it off.