Five_✍

"Hey, you okay?" Jungkook asked leaning closer to Jimin who stopped crying and stood there like a rock with eyes gazing at, something afar

Jungkook could hear Jimin's sharp struggled breaths even in the roads filled with sirens and honks of vehicles that moved past them. That's how close they stood with Jungkook's palms holding onto the withering figure before him that could faint any moment.

"I am...okay. Just...give me some time." Jimin rasped out extending his hands to clutch onto Jungkook's shirt that was visible through the unzipped jacket he wore above it covering only his arms and back.

"Okay," Jungkook mustered to utter the word and took off his jacket to cover Jimin in it. Their eyes locked for a brief second and Jungkook realised how absolutely beautiful they were.

The shine in them was replaced with a coat of lusterless shell and half-covered with his eyelids. Jungkook blinked his eyes to look away and raised his hands to button up the man's shirt.

With every tuck of the buttons, Jungkook didn't dare to look at Jimin's torso because he felt utterly guilty and two, his heart clenched to see those marks of taint that were painted on his soft porcelain chest.

Jungkook circled an arm around Jimin's shoulders and guided him towards the Taxi and clicked open the door to the passenger seat in the front and let Jimin sit in comfortably with his other hand shielding Jimin's head so he doesn't hit himself.

He couldn't afford that.

Not after knowing, that he is a person that's too hurt for his good.

Both, physically and emotionally!

Jungkook shut the door gently and walked over to the driver's side and plopped in to run the Taxi with utmost speed.

To pay for his mistake.

To get this man to his destination.

Safe and sound.

It was silent. Too silent for Jungkook's liking. But he couldn't afford to cause any more trouble to Jimin that sat beside him.

"Could you turn on some music? It's too silent here and I get anxious when it's too quiet," Jimin started with his head slowly turned towards Jungkook who smiled softly and internally punched the air to thank God.

"Of course! I would love to. I am a very big fan of pop songs! And K-pop in specific-," Jungkook immediately stopped blurting as he felt Jimin's gaze over him and realised how ignorant he was.

"I...am sorry. I know we aren't allowed to talk about songs from the South but-" Jungkook stuttered.

"I love K-pop too. There's nothing wrong with it. You are free to listen to whatever your heart wishes to," Jimin uttered.

Did Jimin just start a conversation with him?

Did he just tell him his likes and dislike?

Jungkook's lips parted to say something but shut instantly and smiled softly. He pulled a cassette from the bottom of his seat and inserted it into the music player and clicked the button to play it.

"Is this instrumental? No lyrics, no singer?" Jimin asked curiously as he leaned back in his seat.

"Never mustered the courage to sing. But I do have the lyrics," Jungkook said and hesitantly pulled out a yellow crumbled paper from the back of his steering wheel, "Here!"

Jimin took the paper and unfolded it to find lyrics written in black ink that was smudged at some parts but was comprehensible.

A small smile formed over his lips as he read through the lyrics with the music running in the background.

All created by Jungkook, himself.

Jimin didn't realise he had started humming over the music that kept playing over repeat in the small Taxi with the dim yellow lights.

Jungkook's ears perked up as he heard Jimin mumble out a few words and finally sing audibly with the music lacing into his voice.

On days I hate being myself, days I want to disappear forever~

Let's make a door in your heart~

Open the door and this place will await~

It's okay to believe, the Magic Shop will comfort you~

Jungkook's heart tumbled to his mouth as he heard Jimin's voice. It was,

Soft

Melodious and,

Angelic.

Jimin's eyes fell close and he hit the C5 note smoothly. There wasn't a single flaw and he successfully hit every high note perfectly. He allowed the music to take over him and poured every emotion into the song.

He sat there with his eyes still closed and took in slow calming breaths the way he always did after singing. A soft smile crept onto his face as a sense of utmost satisfaction washed over him.

Jungkook was awestruck at the pretty voice that kept ringing in his ear even after Jimin stopped singing.

It soothed his anxious heart that kept beating too hard from the earlier encounter at the bridge.

It was peaceful and calm.

"I-I am sorry I got carried away. It's just the music and lyrics were so good that I couldn't stop myself from singing," Jimin blushed pink and tucked his interlocked fingers between his legs and pouted slightly.

Jungkook just melted down at the male's gesture.

How adorably cute, is he?

Jungkook slapped himself internally for letting his mind think of such a comment.

For fuck sake, he is a customer and after this one ride, he might never possibly remember him.

After all, he is just a driver.

Jungkook sighed deeply as the thoughts brushed over his head. It hurt to know that Jimin is plucking every ounce of Jungkook's desire to just stop the car and never let go of this man.

But he has a job to do.

A duty to safely escort this boy.

To set him free.

Love you

Love you

Maddie :-)❤️