Nine_✍

Jimin fixed his shirt and buckled up his belt and stood in front of the port gazing afar into the cold waters that shined through the moonlight calling him out to just dive and run

"Ready to go my hero?" Jungkook asked with a smile put over his lips.

Jimin's heart pricked to see Jungkook put the most satisfying smile over his lips when internally he was begging to him...to just not go.

To stay.

Jungkook interlaced their fingers and walked towards one of the ships that stood there tied to the wharf.

He picked Jimin by his waist and helped him climb into the ship. Jimin managed to crawl into the ship and quickly stood up to look back at Jungkook.

Jungkook's heart cried a thousand melodies but he had to let go of this beautiful man that stood there over him gazing oh so softly at him.

Suddenly the sirens of the police cars echoed through the silent dockyard. Jimin's eyes widened in fear and immediately extended his hand to signal Jungkook.

"Jungkook, quick! Climb up, let's run away together," Jimin said.

Jungkook simply nodded and smiled softly before placing the bag of money in Jimin's hand. The same bag that Jimin gave him to drive him till here.

"What the fuck are you doing? Come with me Jungkook! Let's flee from here together." Jimin cried as he dropped the bag inside the mini- ship.

"Someone should stay back to divert them. Fleeing together can get us both caught." Jungkook told.

"No please! Don't do this. Let's get out of here together. I promise to keep you safe. Please just come with me," Jimin begged with eyes tearing down.

"I am man of...words. I had to bring you here safe and sound. Now that it's done, I will be departing," Jungkook croaked a voice as he stepped a foot back.

"I won't be able forgive myself for this. Please don't leave me alone!"

"You aren't, Min! You have my cassette and I will stay by your side as long as the music flows down your throat. I will stay be your side,"

Jimin choked a few sobs before nodding a 'no' and extending his arms towards Jungkook.

"And...use that money to become a singer down the road to success. I will cheer for you from afar." With that Jungkook retreated slowly backwards with his eyes still fixed over the boy that was protesting to come down.

Departure is painful and Jimin learnt it the hard way. He looked at Jungkook who kept his eyes over him as he turned on the engine. His heart begged him to stop the man but he couldn't. He couldn't climb down. He had a promise to keep. A promise in return of a payback.

"Keep my promise, Min! See ya," Jungkook screamed and drove his Taxi away with full speed and honking down the road to pull the cars behind him.

"It's Jimin. Not Min," Jimin mumbled apologetically.

_____

Summer of 2017, 10:22

The singer finally paused to take a look at the crowd that went numb. He flicked his fingers to the stage managers and signalled them to play the cassette.

The pretty small cassette was gifted by his saviour. A memoir of his existence in his heart.

Jimin's eyes fell close and he hit the high notes smoothly. There wasn't a single flaw and he successfully hit every high note perfectly. He allowed the music to take over him and poured every emotion into the song.

He didn't hold back, not when the veins in his neck slightly popped out, not when the pressure on his lungs gradually increased. His grip on the mic tightened. His powerful vocals mesmerized everyone in the crowd, who watched on in awe.

Slowly, he came back to his original position and his voice trailed off as the song came to an end. He stood there with his eyes still closed and took in slow calming breaths the way he always did after a performance. Cheers arose from the audience and his eyes fluttered open.

A soft smile crept onto his face as a sense of utmost satisfaction washed over him.

Jimin smiled softly at the very end of the stadium to see a glimpse of Jungkook standing amidst the crowd and listening to the song created by him and sung by Jimin himself.

You will always stay alive in my heart, Jungkook.

I love you.

_____

That night Jimin created a history down the road. Multiple papers were published in different media across the globe. Instead of losing his fandom over the truth behind his escape, instead gained a hundred more to cheer him and encourage him to continue to sing.

Norms were passed to abolish prostitution and slavery and strict regulations were carried out to bring human trafficking under control.

And it was all thanks to one brave Taxi driver that gripped onto the wheel to save a man at the cost of his own.

A man who stuck to his duties till the end of his life.

A Taxi Driver...

(A/n:- Hope you liked the story

(A/n:- Hope you liked the story. I would love to hear your opinions. Do comment down. I love reading your comments ❤)

Love you

Maddie :-)❤️