Chapter 3: What are you waiting for?

Jade POV

When Cat and I arrive to school the hall is crowded with students like usual and I immediately spot Beck talking with Tori, Andre and Robbie by Vega's locker. I glare at them. Cat follows my gaze and starts brushing the back of my hand with her thumb.

Vega sees us and she says something to Beck who turns to look at me. I look away.

"Are you okay?" Cat asks me timidly. I notice I was squeezing her hand and I let her go.

"Yeah... Sorry" I tell her

"For what?" she asks me with a smile

"Almost crushing your hand" I reply

She giggles massaging her own hand "It's OK. As long as I get to hold your hand..." she blushes "I need some books from my locker... See you in Sikowitz's class ok?" she tells me

"Sure. Later Cat" I tell her.

She nods and gets closer. She grabs my hand again briefly giving it a light squeeze looking at me, before walking away. I saw that Beck noticed our interaction. I smirk at him... What Beck? Jealous much? Maybe you understand now how I feel when I have to see you doing this kind of stuff with other girls all the time.

Cat bounces where Beck and the others are and I hear her greeting them with a perky "Hiiii!" before she walks up the stairs since her locker is at the second floor. She has decorated it just like every other Hollywood Arts student. She made it pink and with a ladybug hidden behind some flowers on it, but I rarely get to see it since my locker is at the first floor. Also Cat's locker happens to be next to Trina's, so I usually avoid going there and meet that diva wannabe...

I lean against my scissors adorned locker looking at the gang and pretending to be uninterested.

I see Robbie leave the others to follow Cat who stops in her tracks to talk with him... The boy has a major crush on her from ages... But now I know why she never gave him a real chance, a part from the obvious reasons, I mean Cat is hot (yes I just thought of that, no point in denying it), while Robbie is just... Robbie... the puppet guy. Ugh... But the real reason is that Cat has someone else on her mind: me.

I smile looking at how pathetic Robbie looks, trying to hit on her while Cat just looks at him, giggling every now and then at his lame jokes, but just because she is too polite to tell him that she is not even remotely interested in him.

"Hey Jade..." Oh speaking of losers with hopeless crushes, here's Sinjin.

I don't even turn to look at him. I just groan exasperated.

"I heard about you and Beck... If you want a new boyfriend..." he is saying but I cut him off

"Beat it Sinjin!" I yell at him and he immediately runs away

Cat hears me and looks at me. I look back at her motioning in Sinjin's direction with my head and mimicking the gesture of pointing a gun to my temple and pulling the trigger. She laughs for real this time while Robbie is still talking to her. Cat tilts her head lightly towards Robbie and does an eye roll before looking at me in the same way as I'm looking at her and I understand she is also exasperated from the boy. I let out a chuckle...

"Glad to see you're in a good mood today" Beck's voice makes me turn to him. I didn't even see him approaching me as I was quite distracted from a certain redhead who kissed me last night...

"I am. But certainly not thanks to you" I reply sternly

"Look Jade can we... talk? In private?" he asks me

I let out a sarcastic little laugh crossing my arms "There's nothing to talk. You didn't call me once yesterday. That just shows how much you care about me, about us. Go on... Go tell that Alyssa bitch you're free now. Or go hit on Vega just so you can have her like you've always wanted ever since she came to this school. I don't fucking care anymore." I spit at him