Chapter 11: Baby I... have a secret

Jade POV

I took Cat to a Diner where we had lunch after my 'discussion' with my mother. We are enjoying the food and each other's company even though I'm still pissed because of my mom's reaction when she found out about me and Cat. That's exactly why I was delaying the moment I would have had to tell her about us as much as possible. My parents never supported any of my life choices. It was the same when I told them I wanted to attend Hollywood Arts. They told me that becoming an actress, a singer or a director here in LA was just a child's dream and that one in a million was able to make it come true. But I ignored them cause I always knew that those were MY dreams and I knew I would have worked hard to make them come true. This brings me back to when Cat and I first auditioned to go to Hollywood Arts...

Flashback

Thanks to Cat's parents I was able to convince my own to let me audition for Hollywood Arts. My cousin who went there was able to get small parts and cameos in TV shows and commercials after high school. But my parents would have preferred me to go to a normal school and then study to become a doctor or lawyer. Luckily Cat's mom was able to convince mine to let me audition together with her daughter. So Cat and I kept our old promise (our 'pinky swear' how she still likes to remember it) and auditioned for Hollywood Arts.

I was nervous for months. What if I wouldn't have been able to make it?

Cat was surprisingly very calm instead. I didn't know why. This was our dream but she didn't look nervous somehow. Well not even nearly as nervous as I was anyway. At first I thought she was just confident, thanks to her breathtaking voice. I mean I can also sing, and I'm pretty damn good, even though I'm more into acting, but her voice is just something else. I can easily see her becoming a pop star one day...

But Cat told me the true reason why she wasn't as nervous as I was: our friendship was what mattered the most to h er. She told me that if we didn't make it into Hollywood Arts she would have just been happy that we kept our promise to audition for it and that she would have gone with me to whatever school my parents would have forced me to go, just so I wouldn't have felt alone. She also told me that if she was able to make it into HA and I wouldn't she would have refused to go there without me.

I froze when she told me that. I wasn't expecting it. I started thinking that I definetely didn't deserve such a loyal friend like her... She was such a better person than me (she still is...). I asked her what if I was able to make it into the school and she didn't and she just shrugged telling me that in that case she would have just been 'super happy' for me but that I had to promise her I would have remembered about her when I became famous. She didn't say 'if', but 'when'... She told me that with a big smile like always and I knew she meant every word.

I was speechless. I really couldn't believe Cat cared so much about me. Well I should have expected it though. Even if I never admitted it out loud, Cat and I had been best friends for all our teenagehood. During junior high we were so inseparable that people at our old school had started to call me her bodyguard or to call Cat my sidekick. The other kids couldn't understand how two girls like us, so different from each other could even be friends. And sometimes I couldn't either. I mean I liked Cat, cause she has always been so real, so caring and always so cheerful and just fun to hang out with. But I feel like I never showed her enough how much I used to appreciate her. I was mostly a moody grunch to her. Like I am to everyone else. I was just a little better with her. But she still cared about me so much as to be ready to give up to the opportunity of a life time for me or to just be happy for me if she wouldn't have made it and I would.

That's when I knew I had to promise her that if I would made it and she wouldn't I also would have refused to go to Hollywood Arts without her. Our promise to ourselves was to get into that school together, so if one didn't make it neither of us would have gone. It was only fair. We were in my room when I told her that and Cat was so happy that she asked me if she could've hugged me. I said yes and she took me by surprise by jumping on me making us both fall on my bed, both laughing our asses off.