Chapter 18: Free

Cat POV

I feel excited right now... I just starred in Jade's play 'Well wishes' as the protagonist. She always chooses me to star in her plays ever since we got into Hollywood Arts. She has always seen this potential in me that spurred me to pursue my passions... I love Jade so much and it's not a secret anymore. Right now I'm in my changing room inhaling the scent of the red rose Jade gave me, before my performance. It's a tradition we have ever since our first year! Every time I would have starred in one of her plays she would have gotten me a rose. I still remember the first time she gave me one...

Flashback

Jade wanted me to star in the very first play she wrote for school, which was about a woman who used her charm to make a rich man (played by Beck) fall for her only to steal his fortune. I still can't believe I was able to play that part and, to use Jade's words, nailing it! But that's what I like the most about being an actress... Being able to play so many characters and personalities even if so different from my own. When I act I become a completely different person. I love it. I may be a bit more into singing but I definetely love acting too.

Anyway I was in my changing room that day when Jade knocked at the door.

"Come in!" I said

"Hey... Ready?" Jade entered hiding something behind her back. But in that moment I was so nervous I didn't even notice it.

"Hey Jadey. Yeah..." I greeted her with a smile "I was just repeating a few lines, I'm so nervous!" I told her, pacing back and forth

"You'll be great Cat... Only thing you have to be nervous of, is kissing Beck in my presence. You know how jealous I am" she told me with a threatening tone

For a moment I looked at her worried but she soon bursted out in laughter "Joking. You know I trust you... I wouldn't have picked you as my lead, otherwise"

"Oh... So that's why you chose me? Cause you can trust me with Beck?" I asked her a bit disappointed

Jade smirked at me "No. I chose you cause you have this look in your eyes..." she said that looking at me with her own piercing blue eyes. I felt my heart beat getting a lot faster just because of that look she gave me... And that smirk... Oh gosh... "You hide something Cat Valentine..." she told me

"What's... that... suppose... suppose..." I couldn't even form my usual question. Her gaze was so intense. I still remember I got goosebumps... I was already in love with her from so long... No matter how hard I was trying to get over my feelings because she was with Beck at the time

"A potential... You're not just an amazing singer. You're an amazing actress too. And you proved it during the rehearsals. I knew it, cause you are such a creative person, full of energy..." Jade told me

"Oh Jade! Thank you!" I told her throwing my arms around her neck. She didn't hug me back but I didn't find it strange since she always made it clear she didn't like hugs. But when I let her go, I noticed the true reason: she was hiding a red rose behind her back.

My eyes went huge "A rose?" I remember I thought it couldn't have been a gift for me. But it was!

"For you" she told me

I started gaping "Wh-what?" I exclaimed

"You're the star of my play, so I thought you deserved it..." Jade told me

I couldn't believe it... She was giving me a rose... To me! Not to her boyfriend who was also in the play, but to me!

"Well, say something!" Jade exclaimed "You think it's corny? I'll just throw it in the trash then" she said making a move to turn away from me but I grabbed her arm making her face me again as I leant in and gave her a kiss on the cheek so close to her mouth actually, that for a second I got worried she would have scolded me about it. But she just smiled instead.