Chapter 19: Epilogue: Jade's birthday

More than 5 years later

No one POV

Jade West was drinking from a mug of coffee looking down at the streets of the city from a window of her apartment. It was raining and she loved the atmosphere. She had a good view of Central Park. She loved that city. LA too but New York was New York... She was there to film a new TV show where she was playing Gigi Rock, a young singer daughter of a famous rocker who was trying to make a name for herself in the Big Apple.

Back when she was still in school she had continued to pursue her passion for screenwriting. But she still needed a lot of experience to become a real director like she was dreaming of, so after graduating at Hollywood Arts she had auditioned for numerous roles and she was able to make it as a young actress, starring not in one but two thriller movies, and in one of which she had played the protagonist and main villain, a disturbed character named Callie. She had taken a lot of inspiration from her favorite movie The Scissoring, to play her character. Even if the movies had not been big blockbusters they helped her getting noticed and to prove her talents in Hollywood.

Shortly after that she was chosen for a new TV Show, and was currently filming it in New York. Today it was her day off.

I bet you're wondering what happened to Cat... After she was finally able to stop taking her pills with Jade's help, the two girls had informed the Valentines about it. As expected, they initially got mad at Jade and were very worried for Cat. But Cat told them she was off her meds from two weeks and that she was completely fine. She had even asked them to stop hiding Ellie's pictures and her stuff from her. Cat was done pretending she never had a sister. Though her first reaction at seeing her sister's stuff and photos again was crying for a whole day (with Jade been with her the entire time), in the end Cat was able to feel better and even decided to keep one of Ellie's photos on her desk in her room. It was more difficult for her brother. He got depressed after starting to remember about Ellie... Not even his meds seemed to help him much anymore. So Cat tried to keep most of the memories and photos of Ellie in her room and away from him but Manny still didn't seem to get better. It was in that moment that Cat truly realized that the trauma she went through because of Ellie's death, paled in comparison of the one her brother went through. Less than a year later, Manny kept getting worse to the point that he was getting himself in trouble every day so the Valentines had to take him to a mental clinique in Idaho to help him. Cat was feeling so guilty because of that: she was was feeling responsible of her brother's mental breakdown. Jade tried to convince her she didn't need to blame herself.

But Cat got mad at her, telling Jade that she was feeling selfish for only thinking about her and not her family when she had decided to stop pretending like Ellie never existed, without thinking of the effects it would have had on Manny. Jade was firm on her decision though: even if she was also feeling sorry for Cat's brother, she was telling her that she had done the right thing by refusing to let the memory of her sister die with her. Cat couldn't accept it though... She couldn't believe Jade didn't understand how she was feeling. One day they had a fight that got so serious that Cat told her she needed some time for herself, breaking up with Jade.

Both of them were depressed for weeks. At school Jade was doing everything to make up with Cat but every time they tried to talk, the redhead girl wouldn't listen, resulting in more fights, until they mutually decided to just being civil noticing how their fights were not only stressful for the both of them but were also tearing their group of friends apart.

In the meantime Cat moved to her Nona's (her grandmother) apartment in Venice, cause her parents left with her brother to move in Idaho and be close to him.

She met Sam Puckett from the webshow ICarly one day. Cat invited the blonde girl to her house and the two of them immediately got along, despite their different personalities, kinda like Cat and Jade. And with Cat's Nona moving to a nearby retirement house, Sam had decided to stay in Los Angeles and become Cat's roommate, so they could've both earn some money starting a babysitting service together. Cat was also feeling like she didn't want to be alone and in need of a friend who was stranger to the current situation of her family and her break up with Jade, to help her take her mind off both things and stop being depressed. She couldn't risk falling back victim of the addiction she had to antidepressants after everything she had done to get over it, with Jade's help. And she found in Sam that kind of friend.