Chapter 17: Coming out and padded rooms

This chapter is divided between Cat and Jade POV and also mentioning of the episode 'Rex dies' are present but adapted to this fanfiction. Hope you like it!

Cat POV

I look carefully at the Wests as Jade and I approach them in the living room. Jade's grip on my hand tightens but I don't mind. I just give it two reassuring squeezes to remind her once more I'm here with her.

Jade's parents stop talking when they see us and give us a look. I can see they are looking at us holding hands. They exchange a look between them before Jade's dad gets up. I know him from years, I think his name is Sean... But I'm not sure since I've been at his house with Jade only a few times in all these years. I mostly just saw him on the also rare occasions he used to come pick Jade up from school, when we were kids back in junior high.

Jade's dad is a tall man and looks quite older than Jade's mom who still looks pretty young for her age and sometimes seems like a copy of Jade minus for the fact that she has darker hair and is a bit shorter than her, and also you can tell she is a mature woman even if she is still very pretty (What? I have eyes you know!). Jade's dad on the other hand always has this stern and intimidating. Now that I think about it he looks similar to Jade when she is mad.

"Hello Jade" he says

"Dad" Jade replies coldly

He nods at her than looks at me "Hello Caterina"

"Hi Mr. West" I reply politely

"How many times did she tell you she prefers 'Cat'?" Jade tells him sternly

"Bab.. Jade it's okay" I say blushing

Jade looks at me with an eye roll "And you don't feel like you can't call me babe, or in any other way you like, in front of them. They know about us now, and if they don't like it, well too bad for them" she says glaring at her dad and then at her mom.

I feel myself blushing even more and looking down for a moment

"Jade, your mom and I are not ok with your recent behavior" he says

I look up at him worried then at Jade who is looking at him challenging instead. In the meantime her mom also stands up and gets closer to us

"Well I'm sorry to break it up to you but my recent behavior is who I am. I found out to be in love with my best friend who happens to be a girl. I might be bisexual, lesbian, I don't care about labels. I'm just in love with Cat and this is not going to change" she says firmly

Oh my God... I think my heart is melting because of her words right now!

I look at her mesmerized "Aw love... You're so sweet" I tell her leaning to her to give her a kiss on the cheek and using all of my will power to not just wrap my arms and legs around her and start making out with her right there and then.

She smiles at me then looks at her parents again.

"That's not what we are not okay with" her dad says

We both look at him wide eyed "What?" we say in unison

"It came out as a surprise and I think I had the wrong reaction at start, but, after a long talk with your dad, we decided that your sexuality doesn't matter to us. You are our daughter and like you say, this is who you are, and as long as it makes you happy..." her mom is saying looking at us with a small smile.

I feel my mysel smiling back. They are accepting us!

"It does" Jade replies looking at me with a smirk "She does"

I giggle tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear, looking down shyly for a moment.

"So are you guys ok with us?" Jade asks them