Chapter 11

(Pokemon is not mine. The picture above is a screenshot from the anime. It is not mine.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

Sheena approached the crowd, "Lord Marcus."

Marcus looked and saw a lovely Lady approach, "You are not from around here, are you?"

Sheena nodded, "My younger brother and I are from a far away country."

Gary smiled sweetly, "We come from Kanto, Lord Marcus. It is an honor to meet you."

Marcus smiled back, "Welcome to paradise, respected visitors. I hope you will enjoy your stay here."

Sheena, "Actually we were hoping to talk about a few things that happened back in Kanto."

Gary, "We heard Damos met Arceus and we were hoping to talk to him."

Marcus's eye became dark, "Is that so? May I ask why?"

Gary, "My lover and I ran into Lord Lugia and Lord Lugia left us a puzzle. So, I was hoping for an insight from someone who dealt with Arceus."

Marcus stared at them in contemplation and spoke, "I see, this Lord Lugia is the God you pray to I assume?"

Gary smiled politely, "Yes, the Lord controls the weather."

Marcus hummed eyeing them, "Well, I invite you to stay at my palace for the time being. I will arrange for Marcus to meet you."

Dawn was walking beside Ash as they looked around the interesting old city. They had asked around and learned Damos was being held prisoner in jail. Ash and Dawn nodded and headed to the prison to try and talk to the man. It took a while to find him and what they learned was actually very shocking. It was not Damos who betrayed Arceus but Marcus.

Ash, "Gary and Sheena are in danger."

Damos, "Who?"

Dawn, "Gary is Ash's partner and Sheena, she is actually your great, great, great, well something granddaughter."

Damos gaped at them, "You are pulling my leg."

Ash, "We are not, Lord Dialga himself sent us back in time to right the wrongs."

Dawn, "Please, you have to help us."

Gary meanwhile was becoming very suspicious of Marcus, the things he said, some of them made no sense. Damos betrayed them but how, in what context, Marcus would not explain to them when Gary asked. And his interest in Sheena was making his protective brotherly instincts jump out. The last time he felt that way was when someone was badmouthing Green. Gary however smiled tightly and asked when they could talk to Damos.

Marcus sighed, "I ordered my men to bring him here. Where are they?"

A servant answers, "I shall go check on them, my Lord."

Marcus looked at Sheena, "I must say I am curious about your homeland. So, why not tell me more."

Sheena gave a diplomatic smile, "Of course, Lord Marcus."

Gary bit into the food feeling angry boil inside him but smiling outside, 'That guy wants to get into Sheena's pants. Wait... Oh! Hell no! He is not making Sheena his concubine.'

Ash and Dawn in the meantime had freed Damos and escaped from the prison after putting the soldiers to sleep. They went to the palace to find the plates Arceus had gifted Damos. The time to return the plates was around the corner and it would be a disaster if they failed. Marcus had been told of Damos escaping with two children and was angry, Gary and Sheena kept quiet while he ordered his men to search.