Chapter 7

Much to her surprise, Yoongi steps forward and grabs her wrist, pulling her inside the building

"I called you. Why didn't you answer your phone?"

"I was in the elevator, it has shitty signal." He mumbles, letting go of her when they have reached said elevator.

Makaira scoffs, directing her attention to the floor as they wait.

He's acting like he doesn't care, like he doesn't feel the effects of the bond. But there's one telltale sign he can't hide; his hands are freezing cold.

Yoongi needs her, despite how much he doesn't want to admit it.

Once the elevator dings, they enter it silently. During the ride, she finds herself watching him out of the corner of her eye.

He's attractive, she's willing to admit that. His facial features are soft, but they look dangerous when he's scowling at her. Which is 99 percent of the time.

And from what she can see through his white t-shirt and dark sweatpants, he's pretty fit. It doesn't surprise her though, since he's an idol after all.

"This way." She jumps a bit when he speaks gruffly to her on his way out of the elevator.

Makaira quickly follows him, making several twists and turns in the hallway. After some time, he stops in front of a door that has Genius Labs printed on the front.

He pulls a key out from his pocket, unlocking it and going in first. It nearly slams closed in her face.

"Damn, I guess chivalry really is dead." She mumbles under her breath, opening the door for herself and stepping inside.

"Don't touch anything, this is expensive equipment." Yoongi warns, locking the door behind her while she looks around.

It's a decent sized working space, much bigger than her office at least. It even has a couch. As for the 'expensive equipment' he speaks of, there are a couple speakers, a large computer with several monitors, a microphone, a portable keyboard, and several other items that she doesn't even know the name of.

"You make music." The words leave her mouth before she can stop them.

Yeah, no shit.

"I'm only letting you in here because I'm in the middle of producing something for a client. Otherwise, this place is off limits."

"Got it." She mumbles, clasping her hands together behind her body as Yoongi takes a seat in his fancy desk chair.

There's an issue here, though. "Where am I going to sit?"

The only other open seat is the couch, but that's on the other side of the room. It's too far for them to be able to heal.

"On the floor, I don't know." He grumbles, typing away on his computer. Clearly, he couldn't care less about her trivial issue.