Chapter 21 🔥

Later that night, the couple gets ready to settle in after a long day

Later that night, the couple gets ready to settle in after a long day. As she dries her hair from the shower, Makaira sits on the edge of the bed and gives her mom a quick call.

"Hey, mom. How's Hiro doing?"

"He's fine, just a little tired from school. I put him to bed early tonight. Is everything alright?"

Makaira told her mom the gist of what happened, but not the full story for the sake of time. So now would probably be a good time to come clean.

She sighs. "An episode from that show I filmed with BTS came out today. Now everyone knows that Yoongi oppa and I are soulmates."

"Ahh, so that's why I saw your face on that celebrity news channel today."

"Mom! I thought you didn't watch those!"

"I don't!" She protests. "I just turned the TV on and it was on that channel. Anyway, what does this mean for you and Hiro then? Will you two be safe?"

"Oppa said he's going to talk to his manager about getting security guards for us and stuff like that. But right now they are closely monitoring what's circulating around and making sure that none of our personal information gets leaked."

"I think it's best to keep Hiro at home for now, at least until that all gets figured out."

Makaira frowns. The idea of Hiro missing school is upsetting, especially because she knows he loves it so much. But her mother is right, his safety comes first.

"Right, I understand. I'll continue to go to work though, you know I have that concert coming up. There's still a lot of preparation to be done."

"Oh, my daughter is such a hard worker." Her mother coos. "Just be careful, okay?"

"I will, mom. I love you, talk to you tomorrow."

"I love you too, bye."

As she hangs up, Yoongi comes into the bedroom after taking a shower of his own. This normally wouldn't be a problem, except this time he's not wearing a shirt.

Quickly noticing her stare, Yoongi smiles sheepishly. "It's a little hot tonight. You don't mind, do you?"

"Nope, it's fine." She manages to squeak out, although the way some inappropriate thoughts start running through her mind at the sight of him shirtless is not fine.

"Okay." He shrugs, putting his dirty clothes away and sitting on the bed next to her. "How did the talk with your mom go?"

"Good. She said that, um.." She trails off, all the words leaving her when he comes so close. His bare chest is now inches away, making it even harder not to stare. And he smells like fresh soap.

"Makaira? Is everything okay?"

She snaps out of it upon seeing the concerned look on his face.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." Makaira musters up a smile. "She said that Hiroshi's doing well, but she wants to keep him home for the time being. At least until we get everything sorted out."