Chapter 15

"Yes, mom, I know

"Yes, mom, I know. I'm sorry-" Makaira winces, instinctively pulling the phone away from her ear due to her mother's scolding.

"..and we never see you anymore! The least you could do is let us meet this man who is keeping you so busy that you can't even bother to visit your own parents."

"Mom, what does this have to do with me asking you to watch Hiro for the night?"

"I'm doing you a favor, aren't I? So I want something in return. Let your father and I meet him."

Makaira holds in a groan. She hasn't seen her mother so fired up about something in a while. Plus, she knows Yoongi will have to meet her parents eventually. Might as well get it over with.

"Fine, I'll bring him over for dinner on Saturday."

"Perfect, I can't wait. And I'll gladly watch my grandson, I can't believe you thought I would say no."

"But you just-"

"I'll see you later when I pick him up. Bye, love you!"

As Makaira grabs her purse and leaves her office, she shakes her head. She can't believe she just got bamboozled by her own mother.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Hiro, hi buddy!" She greets the boy enthusiastically, as she does every time she picks him up from school.

"Aunt Mika!" He meets her with a bright smile, running into her arms. Once he has given her a warm hug, he grabs her hand and waves to someone else with his other arm. "Bye, Sakura!"

Makaira's ears instantly perk up. "Sakura? Where is she?"

"Over there!" Hiro points in the direction of a little girl a few feet away, who is holding a woman's hand. Her bright pink shirt and her shoes match perfectly with the pink bows attached to her adorable pigtails.

"Bye, Hiroshi!" She waves back at him.

"Oh, there she is." Makaira smiles, glancing down at her nephew. "Can I meet her?"

"Yeah, let's go." Hiroshi practically drags her over to where Sakura and her mother are standing.

"Hi! I'm Makaira, Hiroshi's mom. He told me that him and Sakura are good friends." Makaira enthusiastically introduces herself to the little girl's mother.

"I'm Hanako, it's so nice to finally meet you." The woman offers her a shy smile, bowing a bit. Makaira does the same.

"And you must be Sakura!" She greets the little girl with a bright smile. "I've heard a lot about you."