Chapter 12

When Makaira wakes up the next morning, she feels more cozy than ever before

When Makaira wakes up the next morning, she feels more cozy than ever before. She's used to sharing a bed with Hiroshi when he occasionally has a bad dream, holding him close and sometimes getting kicked in the face in the middle of the night.

But being with Yoongi is completely different. For once, she's the one being held so she can let herself feel small and vulnerable. It's not something she's used to, but she likes it.

Despite all of this, she's wide awake now and is starting to get hungry. So she tries to carefully wriggle her way out of his hold.

"No.." Yoongi whines in her ear, snuggling closer to her back. His hand slides across her stomach, tightly clutching the fabric of her shirt. As if to prevent her from getting out of bed.

The feeling of his fingers brushing against her skin through the thin fabric makes her eyes widen. "O-oppa.."

"Five more minutes." He pleads in a gruff voice, sighing contently when she doesn't move.

Well, she supposes five more minutes can't hurt.

Once she estimates that his time is up, and her stomach has growled more than once, she finally makes her way out of bed. Yoongi doesn't seem too happy about it, judging by the way he frowns and squirms around in bed.

Too bad.

Makaira yawns, putting her slippers on and heading to the bathroom. Once she has completed her morning routine, she heads out of the smaller house and makes her way across the grass to the larger one.

In there, she spots Namjoon reading upstairs in the study, Hoseok watching TV in the living room, and Iris sipping on some coffee at the table.

"You guys are up early." She muses, heading straight to the kitchen.

"I fell asleep early last night." Hoseok shrugs.

"I don't get much sleep these days." Mumbles Iris.

Makaira doesn't need an explanation for that one. She remembers when Naori was pregnant and had trouble sleeping towards the tail end of it. It's hard to get a good night's rest with a stomach the size of a watermelon.

"Do you know what you're having?" She asks, putting together a bowl of cereal.

"No, we decided we didn't want to know." Iris smiles a bit. "Joon hates surprises, but I managed to convince him."

"Nice." Makaira chuckles, sitting across from her at the table. As she does that, she feels something nudging her leg under the table. "Oh, hi Bam."

Although Makaira is more of a cat person, Bam is a pretty cute and gentle dog. So she gives him a couple pats on the head.

"Aishh, why is this dog always up before me.." Jungkook makes his presence known with an annoyed groan, ruffling his dark hair with his fingers. "Bam, come here. Time to eat."