Chapter 16

It's one thing to wake up in Yoongi's arms

It's one thing to wake up in Yoongi's arms. But doing so when Makaira knows her feelings for him are reciprocated is a different matter entirely.

His embrace is so comfortable that it almost feels like she could lay here forever. But at the same time, she knows she has a lot to do today.

So she manages to wriggle out of his hold and sit up in bed. As she yawns to herself, a sleepy Yoongi rubs his eyes. "Don't tell me you're getting up already." He groans.

"Sorry, but I'm a busy woman." She reasons, stretching her arms. As she does so, she takes a look around Yoongi's room. "I don't remember coming in here last night."

"That's because you fell asleep on the couch. I carried you in here."

She doesn't know if she's more touched that he carried her to bed without waking her, or if she's more upset that she wasn't awake to experience it.

"Well, isn't that sweet of you?" She teases, making his gummy smile appear.

"Yeah, whatever."

"I'm gonna shower." She announces, swinging her legs over so she can get off the bed. "I need to pick up Hiro in a little bit."

Yoongi simply hums in acknowledgement of her statement, still wrapped under the covers. He looks adorable like that, especially with his puffy cheeks and messy hair.

Makaira smiles to herself, shaking her head as she heads off to the bathroom.

In the shower, Makaira spends her time thinking about her checklist for the day. She has to pick up Hiro from her parents' house and then Sakura and her mom are coming over. After that, she should be able to get some chores done. The laundry is starting to build up and she needs to pick up a few items from the store.

She feels like she is forgetting something but she can't seem to figure out. Well, at least until she is wrapping a towel around herself and it hits her like a brick.

Dinner.

With Yoongi and her parents.

Tonight.

"Fuck. Yoongi oppa!" Makaira leaves the bathroom in a rush and beelines to the bedroom, pushing open the door with the thought of dinner on her mind.

What she doesn't expect is to see Yoongi shirtless when she walks in.

"Oh wow." She murmurs, shamelessly trailing her eyes down his chest. He doesn't have a hard six pack, but rather he's lean and has obvious muscle where it counts. In short, she's about two seconds away from drooling. "I..completely forgot what I was going to say."

"Either way, I think it's uh.." Yoongi pauses, licking his lips. And for the first time, Makaira notices that he is checking her out as well. His eyes seem to have trouble staying in one spot. "..I think it's better that we both put some clothes on first."