Chapter 11

The very next day, Makaira finds herself at HYBE once again

The very next day, Makaira finds herself at HYBE once again. But instead of his private studio, Yoongi brings her to a large room where several of the members and their soulmates are already seated.

There's also a handful of HYBE employees setting up filming equipment. Makaira watches them warily.

"What are we doing here again?"

"An interview." Yoongi replies. "They'll ask you what you want to do over the course of the vacation and they'll try their best to make it happen."

"Anything?" Her eyes widen.

He smiles a bit, nodding his head. "Anything."

"Hey, look who's here!" Namjoon grins when he notices their presence in the room.

"Hi, everyone." Makaira offers the group a friendly smile before bowing a little. "I'm sorry about the way I left the house the other day, things were a little hectic."

"Oh, it's no problem. Things happen." Seokjin waves it off. "I'm just glad you could come with us on this trip."

"I'm glad too, I'm looking forward to it."

She takes a seat next to Iris and Yoongi sits down on the other side of her.

"So you have a kid, right?" Iris turns to her with curious eyes.

"Well, kind of." Makaira smiles sheepishly. "I've been taking care of my nephew since he was born."

"Wow, that's amazing." She hums, seeming impressed. "How old is he now?"

"Hiroshi's five, he's in kindergarten."

"Aw, so cute! Hopefully you can give me some parenting tips, then." She chuckles, gesturing to her very round belly.

Makaira's eyes widen. With everything going on yesterday, she didn't even notice the fact that Iris is pregnant. But she was wearing loose clothing, so that could have something to do with it.

"Oh my goodness, congratulations! When are you due?"

"In a little more than four weeks, that's why I'm trying to get this last vacation in."

The music teacher laughs. "Trust me, it's going to be a rollercoaster. But it's worth it."

"Yeah, Joon and I are super excited."

"Alright, is everyone here?" One of the staff members asks.

Namjoon instantly looks around, taking a quick head count. Then he gives the man a heads up. "Yes, we're all good to go."

"Perfect, then let's get those cameras rolling."

Makaira gulps. She isn't shy by any means, but she's not used to being on camera like this. Especially when she knows that millions of people will eventually watch it.