Chapter Eight × The Wrong Hole

"What's wrong with it?" Rosie asks as we step through the front door of Kayden and I's apartment

"What's wrong with it?" Rosie asks as we step through the front door of Kayden and I's apartment. Technically he owns it; but considering the fact that I pay market rent, I would say we both live here.

Not because he insists on charging me, in fact, he was cool with me staying here for free. But something about being a house guest and having my girlfriend over every night, didn't sit right. At least when I'm a roommate, I can make love to my girlfriend in the shower, guilt-free.

"Babe." I say, using one of the most commonly used nicknames that I have for her. Other popular ones include baby, Ro, and sometimes during sex - good girl. But that ones only if she's super horny and in the mood for some dirty talk.

She puts her back to me, her focus turning to hanging her jacket up on a coat hook. Of course there are about a million other articles of clothing hanging off of there, so her parka falls down; and she's eventually forced to open the coat closet and hang up her jacket properly.

"Hey, you guys are home." Kayden says, finding us in the foyer like a puppy that's spent his whole day alone. And much like a puppy, he sheds everywhere, doesn't clean up after himself, and spends way too much time chasing tail.

"Hey Kayden." Rosie greets him, giving me one last look before heading to my room. Which let's face it, may as well be our room. Considering that we both basically live here, full-time. What happened to Rosie's place? Well, some fucking asshat thought it would be funny to post her address online, after she refused his advances when he was her pizza delivery guy.

So now, we usually stay at my place.

"Are you guys making dinner, tonight?" Kayden asks, the hopefulness of a child on Christmas morning, beaming through his eyes. We've been making dinner most nights that we're in town; but after the day that we've had, I don't even need to check with Rosie to know the answer, this time.

"Nah, man. Not tonight." I tell him, hanging my own jacket on one of the handful of vacant coat hangers, before shutting the closet door. All I wanna do right now is get in bed and cuddle with Rosie; and by cuddle, yes, I do mean have sex.

She may be pregnant, but that doesn't mean that I still don't wanna have my hands on her, all the time.

"Oh, okay." He nods, making me feel like his too-busy working dad, which pays more attention to his phone than his own son. "Maybe I'll order takeout or something, then." He says, earning only a passing nod from me before I disappear towards my bedroom.

I'll give it to Kayden, despite having the style sense of a bachelor in his late forties, he has decent taste in apartments. This place is located in one of the fancier neighborhoods around downtown: close enough to hear when there's a festival happening, but far enough that we actually could park on the street, if we needed to.

That being said, it's definitely not big enough for Rosie and I, and our adult son. But if I were living on my own, I would consider taking a look. It would have to be in a different building though, because having lived with Kayden for a couple months, I've come to know that if we were neighbors, he would be inviting himself over, all the time.